+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 93 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282969 ... LastLast
Like Tree180Likes

Thread: The Good Wife

Re: The Good Wife

it was whom ever played Ellis Gray on Gray's Anatomy
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3774200;
    see, I think he was being both - racist and crooked.

Who played the woman who offered Dianne the job?? Was that kate Burton?
    Anders,

I said the same in my comment - he was both crooked and racist.
    And, yes, it was Kate Burton.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

He activates my yummy!!!! yourefired's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3769837;
    I don't understand how they could say that judge isn't being racist in his rulings. He was still only sending the African American kids to that detention center and not the white kids. Maybe there was a reason behind it, but he was still handing down those sentences unevenly.

I haven't been a big fan of the grandmother, but I loved it when she turned the hose on that mother. Classic!
    I have been a fan of Mary Beth Piel since Dawson's Creek. On there she played Michelle Williams' grandma. She was awesome there, and she still is. Any show that gives her a job is a hit.

I just caught up with Good Wife after having several weeks worth on my Tivo. I love it. JM is incredible, and this show is a real winner.
    Geisha Ninja Sparkle Dance
    Twirling Ninja Sparkle Dance

To the Point

Need to go back and watch last nights show again. I just feel like maybe I missed some important information.

Wanted to smack the heck out of the TV commentator. Of course, I think maybe that's the emotion they were trying to inspire with that character, but still....a good smack down would have made me feel so much better.

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker;3786491;
    Need to go back and watch last nights show again. I just feel like maybe I missed some important information.

Wanted to smack the heck out of the TV commentator. Of course, I think maybe that's the emotion they were trying to inspire with that character, but still....a good smack down would have made me feel so much better.
    There was quite a lot going on in the episode.

I agree about the character. He rminded me of quite a few real life commentators who also twist and distort facts and incite hate mongering. The actor who played the character was very good.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Surely he works for a Fox News channel?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I fell asleep during last night's show.....and forgot to DVR it. I had been looking forward to a new episode last night too since it seems as if it has been forever since they aired a new show! Arghhh! Will have to try watching it online because, with my luck, they won't repeat this one episode anytime soon!

To the Point

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3787889;
    Surely he works for a Fox News channel?
    Well now, I think that probably depends on where you are on the conservative/liberal scale (not a good way to put it, but was at a loss) on a personal level, and no I'm not a Fox News watcher I find that all the media outlets have their slants and are just as capable of this type behavior. Some are just a bit more accomplished at making it more palatable to the masses. But to be back on topic...the guy playing this part was amazingly good at the role.

What?!? I didn't realize it was a new episode so I didn't tune in. Darn it....
    Last edited by tinderbox; 01-07-2010 at 11:22 AM. Reason: typo

Big surprise here...but I am a Fox watcher....and I've never seen anyone as revolting as that "commentator" on any Fox News Channel show.
    He reminded me more of that pig Perez Hilton.

I love this show, even though it's writers are clearly not conservatives and also knowing that it takes place in Chicago....probably the most corrupt (and liberal) city ...besides Detroit ....in the country.

Julianna Marguiles does a fantastic job in this role. I hope she gets an Emmy nod.

+ Reply to Thread