+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 93 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252666 ... LastLast
Like Tree172Likes

Thread: The Good Wife

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: The Good Wife

Since they've photoshopped stuff before I wondered if it had to do with that. But this time they would have to be framing Alicia since her husband has never been to the apt.... or maybe they were prepping for if he got out of jail.

I thought it was interesting that they had the ADA guy who doublecrossed her husband have a brief conversation with him that we did NOT hear, just before the husband says loudly, no, we are going to play it as it lays. So you have to wonder a bit if the husband did say quietly, sure, see what you can do.... That is, was the double cross a complete lie?

Loved the episode.
    On the one hand, since I'm such a big fan of Chris Noth, I'd love to see him back; but not necessarily at home with them. I think the writers on this show are smart enough to keep that sexual tension in the show. Once they get rid of it, the show is doomed.
    I like that Alicia's rival figured out the real murderer last night. More believable than her figuring it out again.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Still on a DWTS high (YAY Donny!!) so the only thing I can remember about last night's episode is that the grandmother is a little dim.
    Why on earth did she throw the pics and things down the trash chute?
    Does she have no concept of what might happen if they are found?

It sure was another great episode.....will have to rewatch.

Did she just kiss him goodbye at the end of the episode? If she knows he is being set up and that no one is going to let him out of prison, would she kiss him goodbye or was that an I believe you kiss?
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3757248;
    Did she just kiss him goodbye at the end of the episode? If she knows he is being set up and that no one is going to let him out of prison, would she kiss him goodbye or was that an I believe you kiss?
    My interpretation was that it was an "I believe you" kiss...especially since she had just worked with Stern and he told her that he (her husband) had been set up.
    Perhaps he (Stern) would be more forth coming with his information if she decided to join him in his new firm.

Lots of interesting developments......

Yes! I think the kiss was for I believe you, but also - may be she thought it was kind of hot that he basically threatened the hookers life if she continued to mess with his wife and children. When the hooker confonted Alicia in the parking lot, Alicia knew that Peter put her and the kids before the prostitute, whereas before that she wondered if it was true that he was in love with the girl, telling her he was getting a divorce, offering her a job, etc. Now Alicia knows that, at least now, Peter puts her and the kids first.

I thought the investigator woman (what is her name, anyone?) was offering to "talk to" the hooker after the the girl called Alicia at work. She turned it down, but I thought Alicia said later on that she did want the help after all. But then the investigator looked in Stern's box and found his pills, she never really did anything about the call girl? Unless I missed that part?

Yes, I definitely think that Stern's telling her that Peter was set up was a quid-pro-quo and if she agrees to work for him she'll get more info.

Good episode! I love this show.... I so hope it doesn't get canceled!

Quote Originally Posted by Cornholio;3757397;
    Good episode! I love this show.... I so hope it doesn't get canceled!
    Yikes...I hope not!!

Quote Originally Posted by french dip;3757461;
    Yikes...I hope not!!
    Oops, don't mean to be starting any rumors. It's just that every new show I like seems to get canceled so I hate getting attached to new shows! I really, really hope this one stays around. It was announced on Oct. 7 that the Good Wife got a "full season pick up," whatever that means. I think that's good, but how about a season 2?

There was a little article in Entertainment Weekly talking about how the show is a big hit for CBS. I'd be shocked if they canceled it.

So what the heck kind of grandmother rifles through her grandchild's room and just removes things she thinks are objectionable? WTF?
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Not only did she do that, but she threw away full pictures of her own son doing what appears to be smoking crack with a hooker. No emotion, no tearing of pictures, and no questions. She just dumped the full pictures down a chute.

This show hasn't upset me.....until that unrealistic scene.

+ Reply to Thread