+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 93 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232464 ... LastLast
Like Tree179Likes

Thread: The Good Wife

Re: The Good Wife

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3743506;
    Well--let's see--she could go as a spouse and there would be no cameras recording video and no audio recording as there are in other parts of the prison.

By conditions I also meant how she had to be searched and then had to be locked in and could only get out by pressing a "panic buttun."

I don't remember any other show (I don't have cable) that has been this specific about these aspects of prison life.

Also I liked how her husband spoke of wanting to take a shower first since he "hadn't "had a private shower" for the entire time he was in prison.
    Thanks. I guess I did catch all of it, then, as I saw the search, etc.

This is probably one of my favorite shows. I love the writing. Extremely weel done.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fogey

Another thing I found interesting about last night's episode--usually the tension at work has been between Alicia and the other law clerk while her investigator has been supportive.

Last night the other law clerk was supportive and the tension was between Alicia and the investgagor.

I like how the writers are not afraid to switch things up that way. to me that says they trust us viewers to be intelligent enough to not mind things being different.

Wind, What I like most about the show is that it assumes the audience is intelligent. What a concept for a TV show.

To the Point

Really like this show. I felt like I missed something about the investigator though....When she crossed paths in the stairwell (I think) with someone and picked up the envelope from the ledge...

I don't know... I just felt that there was something there regarding her character for later development but I can't even say why I thought that.

I thought it was an interesting moment too and like you I didn't really know why I thought that either.

FORT Fogey

Well we know she used to be a cop who worked ffrom that station -and what that moment on the staircase looked/felt like to me was a former cop colleague of hers doing something to help her as a "repayment" for something she had done for him.

That is totally an opinion of mine based on only a feeling I got from that look he gave her.

I know that the look was meant to draw here attention to the envelope bt it also seemed to imply a former relationship of some sort.

To the Point

Wind Dancer, I agree. What stuck with me though was the feeling that she was somehow bothered/preoccupied (not exactly sure of the correct word here) by the interaction. I just can't put a finger on it but I suspect that this may be revisited some where down the road since it seems to have been another bit of character development.

So, did anyone else sense the sexual tension between Alicia and that other lawyer (Ryan) last night? I hope he has a recurring role and could care less if her husband comes home.

To the writers and producers - Please, please, please let's not make her son into some pervy teen that gets into trouble. Keep him a nice kid. They do exist.

THere was some good tension bet Alicia and the new lawyer last night. I wouldn't mind seeing him return, but I remain loyal to Chris Noth / Mr. Big.
    What I couldn't understand about the episode is how, if the lawyer was not an actual lawyer, he could have been practicing so long? Did all his prior cases just settle out of court?
    That made no sense to me. Anybody know?

I've heard of this happening before, some distant cousin of my DH's practiced law without having passed the bar for many years before being caught. It probably happens alot more than you'd think! When someone is practicing, everyone just assumes they are licensed and passed the bar.

What a great show though! I really enjoyed it. I wonder if Alicia's son will fess up to the real reason he was calling the phone sex lines next week. Next week looks awesome, I wonder if Alicia will tesitify that she wants Mr. Big home?

+ Reply to Thread