+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 93 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222363 ... LastLast
Like Tree170Likes

Thread: The Good Wife

Re: The Good Wife

Missed it this week too.... it's become a favorite so quickly!

I'm not sure if I said this before, but this show might have doubled it's audience with a different title. I still haven't been able to get my husband to watch it with me. As soon as he hears the title he leaves the room.

Almost everything is repeats this week, happens every year, the week before sweeps starts. The only show I know isn't a repeat was Monday's Castle and I think tomorrow night's CSI isn't, but it was last week.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

I finally caught up and watched the last few episodes online. It was cool to see Chris Bauer (Andy from True Blood) playing a completely different role in that drug trial episode. He does "creepy lawyer" really well.

It looks like this show will be around for a while since the two NCIS shows are giving it a great lead-in. I'd forgotten how much I really like Julianna Margulies. I'm enjoying seeing the show develop and I really like the working relationship between Alicia and Kalinda. Christ Noth is doing a great job with his character. Even though he doesn't get a lot of screen time, he definitely makes the most of it.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Newbie

I agree with you that the show is excellent, and that this week was disappointing that it was a rerun. Very few new shows are any good.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3738780;
    I finally caught up and watched the last few episodes online. It was cool to see Chris Bauer (Andy from True Blood) playing a completely different role in that drug trial episode. He does "creepy lawyer" really well.

It looks like this show will be around for a while since the two NCIS shows are giving it a great lead-in. I'd forgotten how much I really like Julianna Margulies. I'm enjoying seeing the show develop and I really like the working relationship between Alicia and Kalinda. Christ Noth is doing a great job with his character. Even though he doesn't get a lot of screen time, he definitely makes the most of it.

glad i'm not the only one who does this.

I love Chris Bauer, but remember him from Third Watch, and his Third Watch wife (Molly Price) was The Mentalist recently.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3739686;
    glad i'm not the only one who does this.

I love Chris Bauer, but remember him from Third Watch, and his Third Watch wife (Molly Price) was The Mentalist recently.

O/T.....I really miss Third Watch. I only watched the first few seasons and it's time slot was changed and I never caught back up with it.

Enjoyed last night's episode and especially that we got to see Chris Noth a lot more.
    I also like that the jury consultant showed the videos of the suspects - black and white - as it showed that prejudice / bias does exist on both sides and it is not always intentional. That was a good point.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fogey

I liked last night's episode primarily for its many twists and turns. I still think that whoever is writing this show has had a lot of trial experience and has experienced many of those twists and turns themselves.

For me it makes for a very dramatic show.

I also liked how they showed the conditions under which conjugal visits are allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3743492;
    I liked last night's episode primarily for its many twists and turns. I still think that whoever is writing this show has had a lot of trial experience and has experienced many of those twists and turns themselves.

For me it makes for a very dramatic show.

I also liked how they showed the conditions under which conjugal visits are allowed.

Wingd,
    I was in the other room when they first discussed her going. Can you tell me what the conditions are. TIA
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fogey

Well--let's see--she could go as a spouse and there would be no cameras recording video and no audio recording as there are in other parts of the prison.

By conditions I also meant how she had to be searched and then had to be locked in and could only get out by pressing a "panic buttun."

I don't remember any other show (I don't have cable) that has been this specific about these aspects of prison life.

Also I liked how her husband spoke of wanting to take a shower first since he "hadn't "had a private shower" for the entire time he was in prison.

+ Reply to Thread