+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 30 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree69Likes

Thread: Drop Dead Diva on Lifetime

Drop Dead Diva on Lifetime

Did anyone catch the premiere episode? I think I'm going to like this one (which I hope doesn't mean cancellation considering my track record ). And I liked the contrast between the beginning and ending "Big Girls Don't Cry" songs.

Drop Dead Diva | myLifetime.com

"Drop Dead Diva" is Lifetime's spirited new comedic drama series that puts a uniquely compelling twist on the age-old battle between brains and beauty.

The show tells the story of a beautiful-but-vapid model wannabe, Deb, who has a fatal car accident and suddenly finds herself in front of Heaven's gatekeeper, Fred, who declares her a self-centered "zero." Outraged, Deb attempts to persuade Fred to return her to her shallow existence but is accidentally relegated to the body of the recently deceased Jane Bingum (Brooke Elliott). A brilliant, thoughtful and plus-size attorney with a loyal assistant (Margaret Cho), Jane has always lived in the shadow of her more comely colleagues, whereas Deb has always relied on her external beauty. Now, by a twist of fate and a bolt of divine intervention, Deb must come to terms with inhabiting Jane’s plus-size frame in the ultimate showdown between brains and beauty.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

Re: Drop Dead Diva on Lifetime

I loved this show....it was great
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

I watched this show based on the recommendations of fellow posters. Wow, it was surprisingly very good. I was even crying Jane in places, especially when she met her boyfriend at the very end of the show. Reminds me a bit of Eli Stone season 1. A quirky premise a not typically handsome lead. It worked. Too bad American tv writers can't seem to carry quirky in a semi dramatic show vs total comedy very well. The Brits do that much better. Or the studio heads kill the show cause they don't understand it. Still I have high hopes for the show.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I set a repeat to watch based on the reccomendations of my mom. She NEVER EVER watches TV.
    I was quite shocked she had seen it. I'll probably watch it tomorrow and decide if I will DVR the rest or not.
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan;3570201;
    Did anyone catch the premiere episode? I think I'm going to like this one (which I hope doesn't mean cancellation considering my track record ). And I liked the contrast between the beginning and ending "Big Girls Don't Cry" songs.

Drop Dead Diva | myLifetime.com
    Here's to fingers crossed on the show surviving and nice catch on the songs, I looked out for it the second time I watched the premiere.

Fashionista Sandinista Chorita KaBoom's Avatar

I'm loving this show. Funny and touching in just the right measures, and Margaret Cho to boot.
    there is no energy shortage, there is a shortage of imagination

I'm really enjoying it too. Funny, touching, smart and Brooke Elliot is fantastic - what a find! Plus, like Chorita said - Margaret Cho! What's not to like?
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Totally enjoyed last night's episode but I also wonder that Jane did not bring up the fact that she was discriminated against by the staff in the bar. All the skinny females automatically got free wine from the bartender and he didn't even ask her for her order until Stacey showed up and then immediately asked for payment. I have never been expected to pay immediately for a drink as most bartenders run a tab until you are done. That maybe was too blatant? Or the writers simply trying to hammer the point.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Hmm. I'm almost always asked to immediately pay.
    My husband's boss and his wife however, almost never.

We are very close to the same age, and if anything husband's boss acts more crazy than us when he's drinking.
    Maybe it's because we look younger than they do?
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

I just caught this show on On Demand and I thought it was great...loved it.
    Clay Aiken "when everyones working on it change isnt impossible, its inevetible"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 30 1234567891011 ... LastLast