+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: Drop Dead Diva on Lifetime

Re: Drop Dead Diva on Lifetime

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;3668952;
    I agree with you two. I kept telling Jane on Sunday (whether she listens is another story) to not tell Grayson. It would change the entire dynamic that they are developing. Deb was the little trophy that was polished and pulled out for show. Jane is becoming someone that he relies on and with whom HE seeks protection. There's a mutual respect there that I doubt was ever present.

This show has just the right balance of quirk and serious storyline. And I've just discovered that Brooke Elliott is a local girl. She went to school downriver and went to Western Michigan University. Yay!
    I'm with you!!
    Deb is no longer Deb, and new Jane is both old Deb, and old Jane combo; so I think it is important for new Jane to be appreciated and loved for who she is - this composite person, and not just because old deb is living within. We have someone who is becoming the best of Deb and the best of Jane. That would be the best of two worlds for Greyson, a match that I would think is better for him.

I was born and raised in MI though I am Iowa now.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

The show has been picked up for a second season.

The title had me thinking I woud not like this show, but I'm glad I gave it a chance. Qutie entertaining.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel;3671186;
    The show has been picked up for a second season.

The title had me thinking I woud not like this show, but I'm glad I gave it a chance. Qutie entertaining.
    Great news! I didn't think I'd LOVE this show, but I figured it would be something to watch that wasn't a re-run. Now I really look forward to the show and I've been telling friends about it too.

I think the main reason for the success of this show is Brooke Elliott. She's fantastic! What a find. She's not only a terrific comedic actress, but she's really good at the dramatic moments too AND she can sing! She's definitely a star!

I hope she doesn't tell Grayson who she is either. He's been looking at Jane in a way that suggests he doesn't just think of her as a colleague. I'd rather she not tell him and get to know him as Jane. I just can't see how it would work if he knew she is Deb. I could be proven wrong, of course, and I'm sure it'd be done really well.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Regular

Bring Back Fred!!!

I was disappointed to find Fred gone! What happened? They erased all traces of him, I liked Fred.

I don't like Grayson hooking up with snotty lawyer babe. Even if he is not with Jane, he can do better then Kim. I am glad though that Jane did not tell Grayson, it is not the time.

Loved Terry getting the scoop from behind the scenes. Love Margaret Cho
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Kiz

What?! Fred is gone? I haven't watched this week's episode yet, but did Fred just disappear?
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

Quote Originally Posted by Kiz;3676621;
    What?! Fred is gone? I haven't watched this week's episode yet, but did Fred just disappear?
    He left her a gold sparkly note explaining. Did he not test well with the audience? I loved that she had a little guardian angel watching over her.
    Christopher Reeve

Kiz

Thanks, MG. I also wonder why they pulled him. I hope they're just going to expand the storyline with him. I really liked Fred, and he added a lot of comedy to the show.

Kiz

I finally got a chance to watch the show, and it sure doesn't look like Fred will be coming back. I can't imagine why they'd pull his role so soon. The way his exit from the show was written, it seemed like it was a last minute decision.

On his imdb page it shows that he's in a new tv show. So perhaps his leaving was his choice?
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

+ Reply to Thread