+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 192021222324252627282930 LastLast
Like Tree69Likes

Thread: Drop Dead Diva on Lifetime

Re: Drop Dead Diva on Lifetime

Here we go, I sure hope at the end of the hour I'm not disappointed.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

I won't spoil anything but we're at the halfway mark and so far it's no different than any other episode. That means the ending is going to seem rushed. We haven't even gotten to Stacey's wedding yet.

Edit: it's over and it was just meh. The actor playing Ian does have a lovely singing voice but the ending didn't wow me and was a bit of a letdown. Oh well.
    Last edited by ArchieComic Fan; 06-22-2014 at 11:03 PM.
    Kiz likes this.

Ugh, I can't fall asleep until I vent a little more. The ending is sinking in and it wasn't just a bit of a letdown, it was a HUGE letdown. Almost up there with the HIMYM finale (for those that hated it as much as I did). All week the promos were touting "An ending you won't see coming." Well they were right. We weren't expecting such a boring, anti-climatic ending. Way too much of the episode was on regular court stuff and then they cram everything else into the last five minutes. If this is the best the writers could come up with, and they really thought this was what the fans wanted, then I have no interest in watching any of their future work because this ending was absolutely not in line with the vibe and feel of the Jane/Deb/Grayson love story. .

Ok, now I think I can sleep.
    Imperfect1, inthegarden and Kiz like this.

I didn't hate it but it definitely wasn't what it should have been. In the end, I got what they were doing: it was about the Deb/Grayson love being there no matter whose body they were in. What I - and I think most fans - wanted was the JANE/Grayson love story. Really though, they already screwed that up a few episodes back, so there was no way we were going to get that.

Lame that after all that build-up we didn't see the babies. I mean, how hard is it to show two babies for a few seconds?

WAY too much time spent on courtroom nonsense, especially the whaling case.

I appreciated that they gave Kim a nice wrap up and that Terry got some resolution as well. Still, it wasn't what I'd hoped for. I really do love Brooke Elliott, so I hope she gets a new job more worthy of her talents.

I hope Josh Berman isn't given another chance to ruin a series for a very long time. He has no business being a showrunner.

I googled, but couldn't find out why there was a dedication to Brooke's parents at the end of the episode.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Kiz

What a lame and disappointing finale to a very cute show. I read the head writer's interview defending this storyline that it was to show that Deb/Grayson were soul mates. Hogwash. Grayson falling for Jane/Deb without the knowledge that they were one in the same is everlasting love, but that was not what we saw with Grayson/Ian. Jane knew Ian was Grayson from the getgo, and to add the icing to the cake, Grayson just traded one hotty body for another. Where was the angst in that? There was no wedding, and not only did we not get to see the twins, we didn't even get names for them. What a waste of time with the same old court cases too. It was a regular show with a two minute goodbye slapped onto the end.

Good luck for this show getting picked up on another network, which was the other excuse from the head writer for the seriously flawed ending. The vast majority of the fans of the show who are posting on DDD's Facebook page are beyond aggravated with the finale.
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

I just watched the finale and I agree with all of your comments. It was a big let down to me. No babies and No wedding. I wanted more.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiz View Post
    What a lame and disappointing finale to a very cute show. I read the head writer's interview defending this storyline that it was to show that Deb/Grayson were soul mates. Hogwash. Grayson falling for Jane/Deb without the knowledge that they were one in the same is everlasting love, but that was not what we saw with Grayson/Ian. Jane knew Ian was Grayson from the getgo, and to add the icing to the cake, Grayson just traded one hotty body for another. Where was the angst in that? There was no wedding, and not only did we not get to see the twins, we didn't even get names for them. What a waste of time with the same old court cases too. It was a regular show with a two minute goodbye slapped onto the end.

Good luck for this show getting picked up on another network, which was the other excuse from the head writer for the seriously flawed ending. The vast majority of the fans of the show who are posting on DDD's Facebook page are beyond aggravated with the finale.
    I've been reading the FB comments too and I'm not surprised that almost NO ONE is happy.

For me, it's not just that Josh Berman didn't give us the happy ending we wanted, but that he just made the last season or so a big mess. It was just not in the spirit of the rest of the show. It became way too much like a serious legal drama (as much as it could be with the whole body switch storyline) instead of the silly, fun, charming show it used to be. I always loved the musical numbers and really missed them this season.
    Kiz likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

That is true.
    However, it did give people a chance to see Brooke Elliott's range of acting. She is so talented. I look forward to her next project.

I forgot to watch last night, and for some reason Lifetime isn't making the finale available on demand. I can't watch it through their site or through Xfinity. Sounds like I'm not missing much, but it's still irritating.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

IA, the finale was not what I had hoped for and I really missed seeing Jax Hurst in the finale. But I get what the producer was trying to achieve. It really didn't come to closure on anything other than everyone seemed happy and in the moment. They missed an opportunity when Jane didn't join Ian in a duet "It had to be you" for her swan song.

I look forward to following Brooke's (she is fantastic) and Jax's career in the future - as well as all the cast. They have had a great run but it is time to move on from DDD.

+ Reply to Thread