+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1718192021222324252627282930 LastLast
Like Tree69Likes

Thread: Drop Dead Diva on Lifetime

Re: Drop Dead Diva on Lifetime

Same as always - 9pm Sundays.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Thanks, Critical!
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

I haven't watched last night's episode yet but I'm disappointed in the Jane/Grayson story considering this is the last season. I don't know if Jackson Hurst wanted to leave the show or if the writers decided to go this route on purpose but I'm not really feeling their romance now that they are both in two different bodies. And not knocking older women dating younger men, but if they were going to have Grayson come back, why not put him in a body of someone closer to Jane's age? I think I recall real Jane was mid 30's and Grayson and Deb were mid 20's? Maybe Deb was younger than Grayson, but Grayson was still younger than Jane. Anyway, I just don't seem to care anymore about their romance. Maybe that will change by the end of the series.
    Imperfect1 and Kiz like this.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

Ok I just watched and can't believe next week is the finale. Jane has become a bit unlikable. She's so defensive about Owen and Kim not liking Ian but they don't know he's Grayson and imo they are being good friends to look out for her. I don't know why she can't see it that way. And in the previews she's really laying into Owen.

This is strictly fan speculation so I'm not putting in spoiler tags but some are saying Deb will wake up from a coma and it will all be a dream or that real Jane will wake up from being shot, or Jane and Ian get into a wreck and die and are reunited as Deb and Grayson in heaven, and Stacy names her twins after them.

Also Terry is back for the finale.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

I don't like that Grayson went into another body. Grayson reuniting with either Deb in Jane's body or the original Deb I could handle, but not Grayson in another body. Grayson has to be Grayson for me to have a happy ending.

I'm going to put this in spoiler tags and preface this as my own crazy thoughts.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    What if Grayson and Jane both die and come back as Stacy and Owen's twins?

Quote Originally Posted by inthegarden View Post
    I don't like that Grayson went into another body. Grayson reuniting with either Deb in Jane's body or the original Deb I could handle, but not Grayson in another body. Grayson has to be Grayson for me to have a happy ending.

I'm going to put this in spoiler tags and preface this as my own crazy thoughts.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    What if Grayson and Jane both die and come back as Stacy and Owen's twins?
    Somebody had that theory on the show's FB page too. I hope it doesn't happen.

The official FB page is blowing up with comments from pissed off fans of the show. I have to admit, I agree with them. After ALL this time they're pulling this nonsense? I've hung in with this show for years. Hell, I endured Kim freaking Kardashian, and now it looks like we're not going to get the payoff we've waited for? If the endgame isn't Jane and Grayson - in the forms we've known over the majority of SIX seasons - I'm going to be beyond angry. I don't even want them together and dead or in other bodies. It's beyond ridiculous at this point. It's like monkeys are writing the plot.

I've loved this show so much and it's turned out to be a complete disappointment this season. The fans got this show back on the air after it had been canceled and, if they don't reward that loyalty, my hope is that the showrunners never work again.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

The new guy's pretty sexy, but there's something about him that seems kind of untrustworthy, and I keep wondering if Kim and Owen are right, and Jane's being conned. Then I remind myself that it is supposed to really be Grayson, but I'm not feeling it.

I really don't get why they would have taken this route unless the actor who played Grayson just wasn't available. I looked at IMDB, and he is involved in a movie that is currently filming. You'd think, though, that they could have found some way to work around his schedule and include him in the last two episodes, so maybe they really are just idiots who don't know how to wrap this up in a satisfying way.

I agree with Critical that it's frustrating that it doesn't seem like we are going to get a satisfying ending after loving this show and putting so much time into it (and effort into getting it back). Neither Jane nor Grayson/Ian is seeming particularly likable in this last show, but the writing and ability to create believable stories has gone downhill for quite a while now. At least Margaret Cho will be back for the last show.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss View Post
    The new guy's pretty sexy, but there's something about him that seems kind of untrustworthy, and I keep wondering if Kim and Owen are right, and Jane's being conned. Then I remind myself that it is supposed to really be Grayson, but I'm not feeling it.

I really don't get why they would have taken this route unless the actor who played Grayson just wasn't available. I looked at IMDB, and he is involved in a movie that is currently filming. You'd think, though, that they could have found some way to work around his schedule and include him in the last two episodes, so maybe they really are just idiots who don't know how to wrap this up in a satisfying way.

I agree with Critical that it's frustrating that it doesn't seem like we are going to get a satisfying ending after loving this show and putting so much time into it (and effort into getting it back). Neither Jane nor Grayson/Ian is seeming particularly likable in this last show, but the writing and ability to create believable stories has gone downhill for quite a while now. At least Margaret Cho will be back for the last show.
    I would think that the actors are under contract, so if Jackson Hurst is off doing a movie then it would likely be because the show producers released him from the show. It doesn't make sense to me that, after 6 seasons, they'd just let him go off and do a movie just as they're wrapping up the series.

I have NO idea what they're thinking. I've read sound bites from them about how they're going to give fans what they want this season. Well, I call b.s. It's like they were dropped on their heads of something. I just don't get it.

NuGrayson is cute and all, but he's not Grayson.

I can't imagine how they're going to wrap up this trainwreck. I'll be watching, but not expecting much.
    Miss_Griss likes this.

I'm guessing that when the show got cancelled their contracts ended, and they lined up other things where possible, and then when the show got picked up again, things were a bit of a mess. When Teri got in trouble for impersonating a lawyer and then went off on some trip, I assumed that was because Margaret Cho had some other project that got in the way of filming this one, and it appears that's the case. She's got a project that's now in post-production.

But even if that's the case, I would think that there were better ways to address the Grayson issue. And yes, NuGrayson is not Grayson, though with the writing old Grayson was beginning to get on my nerves. The writers/show runners have just messed this whole final season up royally, and I'm with you in not holding out a lot of hope that they can wrap this up satisfactorily in one more show.

After all that time, I'd be shocked if it was Jackson Hurst's decision to leave. I would think that he'd want to stick with the series for a few more episodes to see it to the end. I'm choosing to blame the showrunners for this because I really like Jackson.

The show was canceled after season 4, so I'm not sure what the whole contract situation was for these last two seasons.

+ Reply to Thread