+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930 LastLast
Like Tree69Likes

Thread: Drop Dead Diva on Lifetime

Re: Drop Dead Diva on Lifetime

Great example of a good series gone horribly wrong.
    Kiz likes this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Sorry, I still love it and think it's right back on track.

I don't think Grayson is going to be in someone else's body. I HOPE the showrunner(s) know enough to reward the fans with a satisfying ending. That being said, if they don't end the show with a happy Jane/Grayson ending, I will throw a bonafide hissy fit.
    Bucky, Minney and MiniDiva like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

So is it back from its break? The last episode I saw was the one where they were finally about to get together and "real Jane in other body" came and ratted Jane out as being "not Jane."

Guess it's time to go check out my "on demand" options.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

What??? There have been eight episodes this year that I've missed? Why didn't you guys tell me. I've got some serious catching up to do and now I'm going to have to pay Amazon to watch some of them, since there are only two episodes available on my on-demand service. Bummer!

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

OK. After some serious binge-watching, I've caught up on the first five shows of this season, and I'm confused by some of the stuff between Jane and Grayson. Did the writers not watch the same show I did? Jane totally told Grayson right before he got hit by the car and lost his memory, and then her guardian angel made her feel like he got injured because she had misbehaved. Why was that not part of the conversation when he accused her of not telling him? And she probably would have found a way to tell him when she first came back if Fred hadn't told her she couldn't. She just happened to tell her best friend before Fred got to her. All of this is in the background, but Jane seems to have forgotten it, too. And the best she could come up with is "I didn't dare tell you, because I thought you wouldn't love me in this new body." UGH!
    MiniDiva and Kiz like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Sorry, I still love it and think it's right back on track.

I don't think Grayson is going to be in someone else's body. I HOPE the showrunner(s) know enough to reward the fans with a satisfying ending. That being said, if they don't end the show with a happy Jane/Grayson ending, I will throw a bonafide hissy fit.
    And I will join you.
    Critical likes this.

Kiz

I love the show, but I think it over-ran its course. I'm over the Jane/Grayson endearing love story. They just don't feel right together to me. Grayson has made some questionable decisions this season without consulting Jane. While maybe this would fly with original Deb, I don't see Jane/Deb in a relationship where someone else makes decisions without consulting her. I also agree with Miss Griss about the writers dropping the ball on the storyline(s) of why Jane had to keep the truth from him. I've enjoyed most of side storylines this season though.

At this point, it surprises me and makes me a little sad, but I'd rather see Jane and Grayson part ways amicably having realized that they've grown apart. I want to see Jane with someone who is more of an equal partner with her and Grayson just doesn't fit that bill anymore. I love independent, strong Jane, but I don't see her that way with Grayson.
    Ellen and Miss_Griss like this.
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

Interesting comments, Kiz. It was interesting that when they got back together Deb/Jane was trying to convince Grayson that she was Deb, and he said "No, you're not Deb!" And it's true that she's not. She's Deb's personality in Jane's brain, and that's a whole different person. I can believe that Grayson would love the Deb/Jane combo, but I agree that the way Grayson's been behaving might not fly with the new Jane/Deb as much as she might love him. It will be interesting to see where it all goes.
    Kiz likes this.

From the previews, looks like things are getting more complicated, Grayson is at Heaven's desk with Fred, Jane's former guardian angel, pleading to be returned. I think there are 4 more epi's left so there is time to reunite Jane and Grayson.

When is this on? I've only caught it on-demand so far this season, and when I search TV Guide, it says there are no listings for it in the next two weeks.

+ Reply to Thread