+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021222324252627282930 LastLast
Like Tree69Likes

Thread: Drop Dead Diva on Lifetime

Re: Drop Dead Diva on Lifetime

Proof that my post wasn't just wishful thinking:
    Lifetime Bringing Back 'Drop Dead Diva' for Season 5
    3:05 PM PST 3/1/2013 by Philiana Ng

The news comes as a reversal after Lifetime canceled the hourlong drama in January after talks with studio Sony Pictures Television about cost-cutting options stalled. The decision to bring back the series suggests that the two sides have reached a new, more cost-effective agreement.

Drop Dead Diva centers on an aspiring model, Deborah "Deb" Dobkins, who was killed in a car crash and is brought back to life as lawyer Jane Bingum (Brooke Elliot). The season four finale, which marked a season-high 2.76 million viewers in September, ended on a cliffhanger with Jane's new husband Owen (Lex Medlin) dying and coming back to life with old Jane's soul.

Margaret Cho, April Bowlby, Kate Levering, Jackson Hurst, Josh Stamberg and Carter MacIntyre co-starred on the series, which made headlines when it cast Kim Kardashian in a recurring part.

For creator/executive producer Josh Berman, Drop Dead Diva's return to the small screen is a reprieve. His freshman Fox effort The Mob Doctor ended its 13-episode run Jan. 7 and likely would have been pulled sooner had the network had a deeper bench.

With Drop Dead Diva coming back, it will join scripted dramas The Client List, returning March 10; the recently rebooted Army Wives; upcoming drama Witches of East End; and Marc Cherry's rookie soap Devious Maids (acquired from ABC).

Drop Dead Diva is the latest show to come back from cancellation. AMC is prepping its third season of The Killing, which had been axed before the network reversed its decision.
    Lifetime's 'Drop Dead Diva' Back for Season 5

I wonder what this new more "cost-effective" agreement will mean for viewers. I'd guess maybe a few cast members will be gone....and maybe fewer big name guest stars. As long as they give us a satisfying season ender (I mean, what are the odds they'll renew the show again?), I'll be happy.....and by "satisfying," I mean Jane and Greyson together.

This article is a little spoilerish: Lifetime's 'Drop Dead Diva' Gets Resurrected With Fifth Season Order - Deadline.com
    It does seem to suggest that the reaction of the fans to the cancellation in January may have played a part in the renewal.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

The show will be back for a fifth season June 23, 2013.
    Minney likes this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    The show will be back for a fifth season June 23, 2013.
    Yippee!
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Bump as a reminder! June 23 is this coming Sunday!
    Duxxy and Kiz like this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

I missed the first 15 minutes, and I'd be super-grateful if someone would fill me in. When last season ended, didn't we see "Old Jane" go into Owen's body as his spirit went out? So what happened in the first 15 minutes of this season that got Old Jane out of Owen and into someone else? And if she wasn't in Owen, did she get to just float around looking for a body to inhabit?

Any clarification would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Kiz

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss View Post
    I missed the first 15 minutes, and I'd be super-grateful if someone would fill me in. When last season ended, didn't we see "Old Jane" go into Owen's body as his spirit went out? So what happened in the first 15 minutes of this season that got Old Jane out of Owen and into someone else? And if she wasn't in Owen, did she get to just float around looking for a body to inhabit?

Any clarification would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
    I've only watched 15 mins on OnDemand so far, and the story is that Owen is missing having checked himself out of the hospital. Luke, Jane's new guardian angel, told her that original Jane figured out the return to earth button and is also missing. He doesn't have confirmation yet, but they think orig Jane might be in Owen's body. Jane soon relalizes that means Owen would have died for orig Jane to have made that leap.
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

Quote Originally Posted by Kiz View Post
    I've only watched 15 mins on OnDemand so far, and the story is that Owen is missing having checked himself out of the hospital. Luke, Jane's new guardian angel, told her that original Jane figured out the return to earth button and is also missing. He doesn't have confirmation yet, but they think orig Jane might be in Owen's body. Jane soon relalizes that means Owen would have died for orig Jane to have made that leap.
    Oh. OK. Thanks!

So I guess we saw Owen collapse and Old Jane push the button at the end of last season, and we just assumed that she'd gone into Owen.

Kiz

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss View Post
    Oh. OK. Thanks!

So I guess we saw Owen collapse and Old Jane push the button at the end of last season, and we just assumed that she'd gone into Owen.
    I didn't end up watching the rest of the show until later today, and I realized why you asked the question. They did play a little sneaky with the way Owen went down and took a deep breath just as Jane1 pushed the return button at the end of last season didn't they.
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

Quote Originally Posted by Kiz View Post
    I didn't end up watching the rest of the show until later today, and I realized why you asked the question. They did play a little sneaky with the way Owen went down and took a deep breath just as Jane1 pushed the return button at the end of last season didn't they.
    Yes, they did! I read an article that said that the actors all assumed that Old Jane was in Owen and were suggesting story lines for how that might play out. Interesting that Old Jane came back in a body like Deb had, instead.

I am only watching this on Netflix so I am already a season behind. I can't wait for more to come on. Enjoy, people. x
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

+ Reply to Thread