+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree69Likes

Thread: Drop Dead Diva on Lifetime

Re: Drop Dead Diva on Lifetime

I just watched the show OnDemand tonight after seeing several previews for it and I thought it was very cute! I really did like it

Kiz

I just watched the first two episodes on On Demand, and loved the show right off the bat. I always liked ditzy Kandi (Alan's ex from Two and Half Men), and Margaret Cho is great too. All in all ...
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

This is a charming show - both funny and thoughtful. My sister told me about it. And as a plus-size woman, it's always nice to see "my size" in normal roles! kudos, I hope the show stays around for awhile!
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

Thank you ACF!
    I love this show, saw the thread and decided to give the online episodes a try..... really enjoyed it! It's at same time as TrueBlood, which is why I missed it before now, but fortunately I can record both. Have set the DVR! Hope it is doing well in the ratings, and will continue!
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

I've watched the first 3 episodes and I think it's pretty good. I hope the writers can keep a balance. I laugh everytime smarty pants "Jane" tosses her head and winks, in my experience confident plus sized women don't try the cutsie, coy, look-at-me stuff, they are usually vampy and down right sexy - never 'cute'. Being me and my plus sized friends are getting a kick out of this.
    I was happy to see all of those size 14s stand up in the courtroom too btw... and have it announced that 14 is average - not size 2!
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

I love that Fred is pursuing Stacy (aka Candy, Alan's ex from 2 and 1/2 men). She is funny, and glad that she remembered Fred's name at the end. The dog cloning bit was OK, - I was a little bored, but enjoyed seeing her try on the tiara.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

I'm torn..on the one hand I'd like her to tell grayson, on the other hand I would like grayson to fall for her as jane..I'm a sucker for romance and you don't often see the plus size woman get the guy..
    Clay Aiken "when everyones working on it change isnt impossible, its inevetible"

Kiz

I hope Jane lets nature take its course with Grayson. I like how she's finding a whole other side to Grayson that she never experienced in her old life (ex. working a crossword puzzle together).
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

I agree with you two. I kept telling Jane on Sunday (whether she listens is another story) to not tell Grayson. It would change the entire dynamic that they are developing. Deb was the little trophy that was polished and pulled out for show. Jane is becoming someone that he relies on and with whom HE seeks protection. There's a mutual respect there that I doubt was ever present.

This show has just the right balance of quirk and serious storyline. And I've just discovered that Brooke Elliott is a local girl. She went to school downriver and went to Western Michigan University. Yay!
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kiz;3612820;
    I just watched the first two episodes on On Demand, and loved the show right off the bat. I always liked ditzy Kandi (Alan's ex from Two and Half Men), and Margaret Cho is great too. All in all ...
    I just stumbled into this thread and to find Alan's ex from 2.5 men is on Drop Dead Diva gives me a reason to check it out. Thanks

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

+ Reply to Thread