+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 30 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast
Like Tree69Likes

Thread: Drop Dead Diva on Lifetime

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: Drop Dead Diva on Lifetime

Quote Originally Posted by nikkij_26 View Post
    I think that if you don't like Kim Kardashian your probably not really going to like her performance that much no matter what. I personally think she did a good job. You can't compare the actress who plays Stacey to Kim. That actress has been acting for years and this is her regular career and craft. Kim is just starting out and even with her few guest spots on CSI NY, movies, etc. this isn't her regular career yet. Kim took this job seriously. She even went to an acting coach for a bit before filming. Plus, when producers asked if they could poke fun at her real life situations she said go for it. The actress who plays Stacey or Jane, can't remember which (leaning towards Stacey cause they have the most scenes together), said that Kim was very professional, showed up promptly on time, gave it her all and did well. I think she did a good job and I think she will do even better with the upcoming bff type scenes with Stacy.
    I found your observation to be very fair. Thank you for your reasonablility, and matter-of-factness (which is probably not a real phrase!).
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Okay, now I officially don't like Luke! We were SO close to Grayson and Jane finally getting together and then he has to stick his big nose in there and ruin it. My heart broke for Grayson as he stood at the bar with tears in his eyes. Does this mean we're going to spend the entire season working back to the point we were at just before Jane stepped into the restaurant. I don't know if I can take it!

KK wasn't as bad tonight, but she wasn't good either. She's just not very animated. It's like she was stoned or something. Because April Bowlby is SO cute and watchable, KK just couldn't keep up.

The tribute at the end of the episode was for Jackson Hurst's mom, Judy.
    Minney likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Why do I get the feeling that KK's character is going to skip town with Stacy's $5,000?
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Why do I get the feeling that KK's character is going to skip town with Stacy's $5,000?
    I think she is going to steal the idea and open her own bakery--which would have never happened if Stacy wasn't fighting with Jane (who would have drawn up legal partnership papers, perhaps a patent, etc...). Maybe we will then see the aftershock play out.

I can definitely see that happening. I think the money may be involved as well because they made a point of Stacy saying it was all the money she had.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I can definitely see that happening. I think the money may be involved as well because they made a point of Stacy saying it was all the money she had.
    Hmmm, good point! So, a very likely scenario is a combination of both of our thoughts...and Jane will use Stacy's 5k that KK stole to demonstrate her ownership interest...but I still think KK will ultimately win and the bakery will be hers (maybe Stacy is bought out or something like that). They can't have Stacy in a steady job with lots of money..she has to be Jane's assistant or cause other drama with her adorable 'cookiness.'

aww I know there's another shoe to drop but I don't want Stacy to get hurt she's so sweet and trusting. KK couldn't be more wooden if she were a cutting board. I did snort out loud when she made reference to her own failed marriage.
    So now Jane is done chasing Grayson, but Grayson will be chasing Jane - interesting. I love Owen and I love Owen and Jane together buuuuuuut Grayson and Jane/Deb belong together. Proof that Luke's god is catholic - he could afford to buy the house Jane rented and any other house she rented LMAO - I jest!
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Just finished doing a marathon catch up of the new season. Absolutely frustrated at Luke and the direction he is taking Jane's life. I'm concerned that the show isn't going to last too many (if any) more seasons and want Grayson and Jane to end up together! Although I do enjoy Owen and Jane, but the whole premise of the show was for Deb's soul to show through the physical differences between the ladies and true love to prevail... right?! LOL, might just be my own personal premise, but either way it's the direction I'd like to see the show head! KK is as aweful as I imagined she would be, no other comments necessary.
    Miss_Griss likes this.

GRRR. As an online watcher, I'm really irritated that starting this week, the current episode of this show is no longer on either Hulu or the Lifetime site. The only way to see it seems to be to go pay $1.99 at Amazon Unboxed. I pay for Hulu, and I thought they had a deal with Lifetime for this show, but apparently not!
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Wow, that sucks! Comcast has it OnDemand, so that's how I watch if I miss it.

I refuse to pay for Hulu Plus because it annoys me to pay to watch shows that air on channels I already pay for. No way would I pay to watch DDD episodes a second time - I pay for Lifetime already! What a racket.

They'll rerun the episode between now and Sunday, I'm sure.

+ Reply to Thread