+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 30 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast
Like Tree69Likes

Thread: Drop Dead Diva on Lifetime

Re: Drop Dead Diva on Lifetime

I was sad that Fred had to leave . Dummy, he should not have told Stacey the truth.

I think the Fred and Stacey storyline had run it's course and it was time for Fred to go. I know we get to really like the characters but I am glad the writers and producers decided to inject some new blood into the show else the story becomes stale.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    I think the Fred and Stacey storyline had run it's course and it was time for Fred to go. I know we get to really like the characters but I am glad the writers and producers decided to inject some new blood into the show else the story becomes stale.
    I agree.

Even though I liked Fred a lot, I think the new guy will stir things up in an interesting way.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

I normally am okay with the casting changes that happen on a show when it's on for any length of time. I just like every member of this cast so much and don't want to see any of them go!
    Miss_Griss likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I had to let things go over a bit in my mind before I commented on Kim K's performance. It was interesting to see KK interact with Stacey. You don't realize the level of acting that Stacey is doing compared to KK. But when you see them together, Stacey very easily projects dumb helpless blonde (although we all know she isn't) but against KK you begin to realize that when two actors are on the screen together they give each other energy so there is a connection and the lines and scenes between them are believable. KK knows how to stand and project her face but that is it. For as much as she is before the camera she is not even projecting herself. Her lines are not funny but could have been as they do poke at her and her life. I seriously wonder if the director just told her to be herself and not try to act if it could have been any better.
    Miss_Griss likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    I seriously wonder if the director just told her to be herself and not try to act if it could have been any better.
    I'd be surprised if that wasn't exactly what the director told her to do. It's obvious that she's not an actor, so telling her to be herself was probably the only option they had.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I think that if you don't like Kim Kardashian your probably not really going to like her performance that much no matter what. I personally think she did a good job. You can't compare the actress who plays Stacey to Kim. That actress has been acting for years and this is her regular career and craft. Kim is just starting out and even with her few guest spots on CSI NY, movies, etc. this isn't her regular career yet. Kim took this job seriously. She even went to an acting coach for a bit before filming. Plus, when producers asked if they could poke fun at her real life situations she said go for it. The actress who plays Stacey or Jane, can't remember which (leaning towards Stacey cause they have the most scenes together), said that Kim was very professional, showed up promptly on time, gave it her all and did well. I think she did a good job and I think she will do even better with the upcoming bff type scenes with Stacy.

I'm wondering are they totally giving up on the lawyer, forget his name right now, finding his son with Brandy? I know Brandy is a regular on The Game right now. However, there season is over and they are on that brief cable schedule like Drop Dead Diva. So I would think she could do both shows at least to wrap up the storyline. The producer/writer seemed so keen on having her back this season. She did too.

Quote Originally Posted by nikkij_26 View Post
    I think that if you don't like Kim Kardashian your probably not really going to like her performance that much no matter what. I personally think she did a good job. You can't compare the actress who plays Stacey to Kim. That actress has been acting for years and this is her regular career and craft. Kim is just starting out and even with her few guest spots on CSI NY, movies, etc. this isn't her regular career yet. Kim took this job seriously. She even went to an acting coach for a bit before filming. Plus, when producers asked if they could poke fun at her real life situations she said go for it. The actress who plays Stacey or Jane, can't remember which (leaning towards Stacey cause they have the most scenes together), said that Kim was very professional, showed up promptly on time, gave it her all and did well. I think she did a good job and I think she will do even better with the upcoming bff type scenes with Stacy.
    If she had done a great job, I might have changed my mind. She didn't - she sucked and it only confirmed that she has no business on this show - or ANY show. I guess if the director told her to stand there woodenly and pretend there wasn't a thought in her head, then she did great. I have no respect for someone who gains fame via a sex tape and who took away a job on this show from an actual working actor who would have done a far better job than KK did. She should get a refund from that acting coach....although maybe she was even worse before. I hope this never becomes a career for her.

I love this show, but if she were to become a regular, I'd have to rethink whether I wanted to watch any more.
    mindy384 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    If she had done a great job, I might have changed my mind. She didn't - she sucked and it only confirmed that she has no business on this show - or ANY show. I guess if the director told her to stand there woodenly and pretend there wasn't a thought in her head, then she did great. I have no respect for someone who gains fame via a sex tape and who took away a job on this show from an actual working actor who would have done a far better job than KK did. She should get a refund from that acting coach....although maybe she was even worse before. I hope this never becomes a career for her.

I love this show, but if she were to become a regular, I'd have to rethink whether I wanted to watch any more.
    Thanks for this...I couldn't have said it better myself!
    I can't stand that there are people famous for having absolutely ZERO talent..such a shame when there are so many impressive singers/actors/dancers that we don't see because of losers like the Kardashian clan.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post

Yeah, that.

+ Reply to Thread