+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast
Like Tree69Likes

Thread: Drop Dead Diva on Lifetime

Re: Drop Dead Diva on Lifetime

Lifetime aired the season 3 finale today and wow, I'd forgotten so much of what happened. And the ending with Deb and Owen on the plane to Italy, with Grayson left, teary-eyed at the airport.

There is just too much Kardashian in the previews. I don't want that nitwit taking focus from the regulars and definitely not from the Jane and Grayson story. I'll have the mute button ready for her.

I just did some searching and KK is set to appear in
    Click to see Spoiler:
    3-episode story arc, presumably the first three episodes of the season. That leaves 10 Kardashian-free episodes! I wish she wasn't on at all, but 3 isn't as bad as the whole season.
    Last edited by Critical; 06-02-2012 at 09:23 PM.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

that's still too much Crit, I can't stand that do-nothing family. I think I'm going to have to watch season 3 again to refresh my memory.
    ButterflyFaery likes this.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

I did not watch last season as it seemed to jump the shark for me with all the guest stars that I did not like. By the previews, I'm probably going to watch it tonight if tonight is the season premier. However, if it's just as silly as when I quit watching, I'm not sure I'll be able to hang on.

What did happen at the end of last season that I will need to know about for tonight?

Jane decided to follow her dream and go to Italy. At the end, we saw Grayson trying to board the plane...and then saw Owen take the seat next to her.

Thanks so much for the update TG. I just went and read the episode guide on the official site and it turns out I saw more of last season than I thought. I did not remember the ending so I probably did not watch the last episode. Again, thanks for filling me in.

Fred! Why did he have to leave!? Ben Feldman is doing Mad Men, but surely those shows don't have concurrent filming schedules, especially since MM's season got held up. Not sure how I feel about Jane's new guardian angel. He seems a little too slick.

The KK scenes were pretty easy to mute and ignore. Hopefully, it'll continue to be like that. I don't want her stealing focus from the actual actors on the show. She's a terrible actress, but as long as her scenes are short and scarce, I can handle it.

So, it looks like Grayson is putting the pieces together. IIRC, Jane can't tell him that she's Deb, but it's okay if he figures it out. Hopefully, that all happens before the season finale! I mean, Owen is nice and all, but they can send him off to New Zealand and I won't miss him one little bit if it's a choice between him and Grayson!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I didn't find Kim Kardashian to be a negative in last night's episode. She was tolerable, and actually did a pretty good job.

I did have a hard time staying interested in last night's show. Maybe this show has run it's course, for me. I think I'm at the point of not caring if I miss it or not.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Yeah, I was all excited about it because of the possiblities of Grayson and Jane getting together but after watching last night's episode, I was reminded of why I had thought I had given up on it previously. It really is a rather silly show for me anyhow. I think I just watch it when I do because there is nothing else on at the time.

I love this show! I don't care if it's silly - that's why I enjoy it. The premise of the show is ridiculous. That's a given. I think Brooke Elliott is terrific and she sells the whole story for me.

As long as they don't bring KK back as a long-term regular character, I'll keep watching.

Just finished watching it at the Lifetime site. Kim K wasn't too irritating, though it looks like her role may pick up in the next few weeks. Hope she doesn't stick around.

It could be interesting to see Grayson pining after Jane for a while. I also thought it was interesting that the new guardian angel will be trying to get Jane to de-Debify herself. That should be an interesting dynamic.

Click to see Spoiler:
    I think I read somewhere that Fred is coming back later in the season. Not sure in what capacity.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

+ Reply to Thread