+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
Like Tree69Likes

Thread: Drop Dead Diva on Lifetime

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: Drop Dead Diva on Lifetime

Especially that manic, neurotic giggle.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

*sigh* I'm so bummed that this season has to end... will desperately miss my Sunday night DDD fix.

So knew that Grayson was going to be hit by a car, but pleasantly surprised that it was because he was chasing after Jane. I was wondering if he was going to swap bodies with someone a la Deb/Jane.. that would be a quirky twist, but no indication that that will happen. The actor that plays Grayson showed more personality in this episode than he ever has, especially in that opening song. He can let loose..so hopefully the writers will give him some more life!

Speaking of writers... what's with the stupid throwaway line they had Vanessa use at the end? She's 10 feet away from Grayson when Jane ran out of the restaurant, but they had her say to Grayson; "What's wrong with Jane? She just ran out of the restaurant like she was really sad about something [paraphrasing]..." Ummm.. duh. No need for the summary statement, writers.

And I was almost feeling empathy for Kim. Almost. She's still a bitch, but...
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;4051716;
    And I was almost feeling empathy for Kim. Almost. She's still a bitch, but...
    Totally agree!

Didn't Greyson say "hi Deb" before passing out again? I thought I heard that and wondered if maybe next season that'll be the "inspiration" for him to go after Jane. (on a stupid, side note, for a mili-second I thought the show was going to go "Touched By An Angel" on us when Fred showed up at the scene)

Grayson definitely said "Deb?" at the end there. Whether it was because he saw something of Deb in Jane/recognized that Deb IS Jane or whether he's dying and calling for Deb at the end....I guess we'll find out next summer I read an interview with Brooke Elliot and she wants Jane and Grayson to end up together too, although maybe not right away.

I didn't recognize Natasha Henstridge until about 15 minutes into the episode. She's put on a bit of weight and her face is fuller. Plus, her hair is longer. She's still gorgeous, but just not a stick figure with short hair any more.

I felt sorry for Kim too. For all her bitchiness, she does try to be ethical and she seems to have let her guard down with Parker. To have someone sweep in and, not only "steal" Parker away, but also do something highly illegal on Kim's case...well, I wanted Kim to clobber both Claire (was that her name?) and Parker!

I love the relationship between Stacy and Fred. So sweet. Stacy isn't nearly as dumb as she comes off. I've really grown to love her and I think April Bowlby does a fantastic job in the role. I was surprised to see so many pics on her imdb profile with her as a brunette. IMO, she's actually better with dark hair AND without those bangs.

I wish Lifetime would do with this show what USA is doing with Royal Pains and bring the show back in January. I can't believe we have to wait until next summer for more episodes! I also wish they'd do a regular FULL season of the show instead of 12 weeks. That's just not long enough for me.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Regular

Thanks for the information concerning the finale! I was taping it, but someone cut it off with 20 minutes left to go! I had no idea what happened.

I have loved this show from the very start. It is so funny to watch Brooke Elliot bring Deb out in Jane. She is a great actress. And I love Stacy-Fred, too.

*BUMP*

Just a reminder that the season premiere is tonight at 9!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I am so glad that this is back. It is so entertaining. Love the cast!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Glad this show is back on the air! Love the writting and characters,,, BUT,,, it's killing me to watch Grayson preparing to wed again! LOL!

FORT Newbie

Couldn't find a more recent post on the show, but for those of you who don't know Season 3 just started recently and it's not too bad. I watched episode 3 recently and in my opinion, it's starting a little slow for me but I still love it. Ahaha, Jane cracks me up. She was so tense during the bachelor party scene b/c of the doctor What were the songs that played in the strip club?? One of them sounded like Taddy Porter!

Okay, seriously, another cliffhanger!? I know that they're trying to draw the big reveal/reunion out, but this is getting ridiculous! So, Jane will go off to Italy with JudgeBoy, so they'll be madly in love next season and Grayson will pine away for her until the finale, when he'll finally get the courage to tell her how he feels.....and then we'll get another cliffhanger.

I love this show, but the reason I keep watching is the Jane-Grayson storyline. It seems that the only time they really do much with that story is in the season finales.

+ Reply to Thread