+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ruby & the Rockits

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Re: Ruby & the Rockits

I will watch it tonight.. its on the DVR.. However may wiat for my daughter to come home this weekend and watch it then.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

I watched it, it was cute and hokey, a family show. It was nice to see David and Patrick again, it would be nice to see Shawn too at some point. Vega's voice isn't stand out, neither is the blond boy's but it was ok.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Totally agree - it has kind of that 50's fun, happy vibe to it.

And Alexa Vega is totally charming in that she is just so chill, you know? Not as hyper as other teen stars out there.

As for Shawn, he is actually one of the producers on the show... hopefully he'll make a little cameo at some point.

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin.

I was drawn to watch David Cassidy, as well. (Gee, think he's had a little "work" done?) Has he turned into his father, Jack, or what? He's got that over-the-top-but-on-purpose acting style like Jack did. And sometimes, I get a little William Shatner vibe, too.

The story lines have been hysterical, and so true-to-family. The episode about the girls soccer team had me in stitches with Patrick being such a control freak. And last week's episode with Shirley Jones was hysterical. I'll bet she enjoyed doing all those crazy antics.

It's definitely not deep, thought-provoking drama, but it is relatively funny, and mostly family-friendly. (Granted, the cousins didn't grow up together, so the usual family boundaries aren't ingrained yet, but the older brother's infatuation with Ruby makes me uncomfortable at times.)

yep it's pretty icky to have a crush on your first cousin
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12