+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 10 Things I Hate About You

10 Things I Hate About You

ABC Family's latest premieres next week:

On July 7, ABC Family will unveil its edgy new comedy 10 Things I Hate About You, based on the 1999 film of the same name ó which starred Julia Stiles, Gabrielle Union, and the late Heath Ledger.

Kat and Bianca Stratford have just moved to a new town with their single dad ó but thatís about all the warring sisters have in common! Katís a feminist, thriving to change the world one temper tantrum at a time, while fitting in is the goal Bianca holds paramount to all others.
    What do you all think? I LOVED the film so I think this may have promise!

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Re: 10 Things I Hate About You

Ive seen a couple previews.. and no it didnt look bad at all.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

I saw a review and then a separate write up on it. If I can remember, I'll probably check it out.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Enjoyed the movie. Heath Ledger and a young David Krumholtz did it for me. Don't anticipate watching the show.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Ethan Peck will playing the role the of Patrick Verona and from what I've seen, he definitely has that dark, brooding look to pull it off.

(Fun side note -- he's Gregory Peck's grandson, so it's in the genes!)

Benjamin Franklin.

Just watched it, enjoyed it, and I will add it to the DVR. Loved the fact that they kept the dad from movie. Didn't they reverse the hair colors of Bianca and Kat? Julia Stiles was blond, Bianca was darker - or not? Anyway, it will be entertaining.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

hcw

OK, Old Lady Prude mode going on. I too loved the movie. I don't normally watch Family TV because I am at the stage when the kids are out and the grandkids haven't come yet, but I gave this show a try. The young actors were good, writing good. I could see some elementary school girls I work with watching this and disliked the disclosure of the protaginist virginity being lost at 8:00 on a family channel. I know it was part of the plot of the movie, but the movie was marketed to teens. As I said, I don't watch much family tv, so maybe this is common nowdays, but I think a later time geared more for young teens would be better.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;3552993;
    Just watched it, enjoyed it, and I will add it to the DVR. Loved the fact that they kept the dad from movie. Didn't they reverse the hair colors of Bianca and Kat? Julia Stiles was blond, Bianca was darker - or not? Anyway, it will be entertaining.
    I totally agree, LOVED it!

It's very smart, but in a totally witty, modern way. I'm hooked and particularly am looking forward to seeing how they draw out the Kat and Patrick romance... they are good sparring partners.

Benjamin Franklin.

Quote Originally Posted by hcw;3558286;
    I could see some elementary school girls I work with watching this and disliked the disclosure of the protaginist virginity being lost at 8:00 on a family channel.
    Yes, and the second episode had even more objectionable material. I could not believe this is a "family" show.

I've only seen the first episode as I'm on holidays in the middle of nowhere but I liked what I saw... would I let my 9 yr old watch it?? Nope - it's not meant for them. 8pm is a fine timeslot for the program that's why WE have control of the remote.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast