+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Better Off Ted

Better Off Ted

This is my favorite new show. I guess it isn't new but it is new to me. I went back and watched the early episodes on ABC's website. Very funny with great writing and great casting. Anyone else watched it? I hope it survives the ratings!

This is pasted from ABC's web site:

Need cow-less meat grown in a test tube? Done.

Need pumpkins that also double as weapons of mass destruction? No problem.

Better Off Ted is a satirical office comedy about successful good guy, Ted, who runs research and development at the morally questionable Veridian Dynamics. No achievement is too far-fetched and no invention too unorthodox for Veridian. Ted's a single dad to a seven-year-old girl, and he loves his job, but he's starting to take a closer look at the company's extremely dubious practices. Do you manufacture the best teeth whitener ever if it could also kill off all of the planet's fish? Probably not, but...

Ted's also fighting an attraction to co-worker Linda, who enjoys small acts of rebellion against Veridian (she's secretly stealing and hoarding all the company's creamer packets). But he holds back about his true feelings. He's already had his self imposed "one office affair" with überboss Veronica. Incredibly beautiful (if seemingly devoid of conscience and also emotion-free), Veronica lets nothing get in her way when it comes to serving Veridian's needs... even if it means doing something like cryogenically freezing an employee for testing purposes. And after all, the employee, research scientist Phil, survived (after he thawed out). So what if he screams like an eagle at the slightest provocation? He and his best friend, fellow research scientist Lem, are both geniuses and when they're not bickering, they're responsible for many of Veridian's miracles of weird science.

Better Off Ted stars Jay Harrington as Ted, Portia de Rossi as Veronica, Andrea Anders as Linda, Jonathan Slavin as Phil and Malcolm Barrett as Lem. Isabella Acres appears in the recurring role of Rose, Ted's daughter.

Better Off Ted is produced by 20th Century Fox Television. Victor Fresco (My Name Is Earl, Andy Richter Controls the Universe) is executive producer and creator of the series.

Re: Better Off Ted

I've liked this show from the pilot & am glad it's back on this summer. I love his asides to the camera & his reactions to the craziness around him.

Re: Better Off Ted

Yeah... I was rolling on the floor when he was reacting to Veronica loading the pistol, putting the silencer on, firing about 5 shots into the chair, and then saying, "Ah, that always helps!". The whole show is WAY over the top funny.

They had one episode where Veridian had invented and installed new movement sensors to automatically open doors, turn water on, toggle lights, etc. for the scientists. However, the sensors wouldn't detect black people so they had to hire a white person to follow around every black person so they could trip the sensors for them. But doing that put the percentage of white employees way too high so to avoid lawsuits they had to hire another black person to accompany the white person who was accompanying the black employee.

It's that kind of stuff.... WAY over the top!!!

+ Reply to Thread