+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Noah Wyle may leave 'ER' in 2004

Noah Wyle may leave 'ER' in 2004

RADNOR, Pa. - "ER" star Noah Wyle sounds ready for a career move. Wyle, a cast member for eight years, may try something else when his contract expires after the 2003-2004 season.

"I think most actors are born with a drop of gypsy blood, in that they like to be jacks-of-all-trades but masters of none," the 31-year-old actor said in this week's TV Guide. "And I've been sort of a master of this one trade for a very long time. So the need to do something different is definitely growing within me."

Wyle is also disappointed that his character hasn't grown much since being stabbed and developing a drug habit in the sixth season.

"He's been the utility player that you can plug into anybody else's story line as a reactive character or a sympathetic character to allow the audience to see through his eyes," Wyle said. "There have been a lot juicier roles on the show."

Last season, CBS's "CSI" knocked "ER" from its perch as TV's top-rated drama.

"He's been the utility player that you can plug into anybody else's story line as a reactive character or a sympathetic character to allow the audience to see through his eyes," Wyle said. "There have been a lot juicier roles on the show."
    Like who? Anthony Edwards is really the only person I can think of and I don't know if that was a juicier role or more story. And last year, the only character that really went through any transformation was... CARTER!

I don't want to see Carter go, but if Wyle is going to whine when it's obvious TPTB have designated him the star of the show, then go. I'd rather see more Luka, Susan and Gallant anyhow than the Abby/Carter hour it's been turning into.

It's called an ENSEMBLE show for a reason, idiot.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

I love Noah Wyle and would hate to see him leave ER.
    He has been my favourite from day one.
    "That's Numberwang!"

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Hmmm, I would be very disappointed and may have to scrap ER from my Thursday night viewing schedule.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

I would consider scrapping ER too BF.
    I'm already wavering as I enjoy With A Trace so much.
    "That's Numberwang!"

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Yeah, Mr. B isn't too thrilled on Thursday nights! Last week he came down at 10 pm and tried to watch TV, but the Tivo wouldn't let him change the channel because it was taping both ER and WAT!

This is a quote from him "This is ridiculous"

I countered with "Well it's not my fault the network programmers put everything I watch on Thursday nights".

That got a laugh out of him, so I'm safe for another week!
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

+ Reply to Thread