+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Philanthropist

Re: The Philanthropist

I hope they don't continue to tell each episode in retrospect. It's annoying.. and will he have to save a child in every storyline?
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

FORT Fogey

Re: The Philanthropist

I've been able to watch this almost every week-and I like the idea of his going to parts of the world we don't often hear about.
    I also like that we learn --through--the stories--something about the people.eventds in those parts of tghe world.

On Monday past the story took place in Kosovo and I wodnered about tghe suppsoed factual info they rpesented. it sounded too dramatic and as though theyd heightened everything to make it inot a "good story." Especially the aspect of "paramilitary forces' " involvement in the recent events in teh country.

Well--coincidentally I saw a documentary on Kosovo the other night which included a lot of the history of that area/country--and I was surprised to find that "The Philanthropist" writers had NOT exagerated the story of Kosovo--but that they had in fact toned things down.

I will still check on their facts but I will now tend to believe more of the current events/history they put into their stories.

I personally like stories where I can also learn something.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12