+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Fall TV 2009

Re: Fall TV 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;3694107;
    Aren't they sandwiching some new comedies in between? (I think one of them stars Jenna Elfman, and I hope it has excellent writers because the premise is really lame, and so are the previews.) But you're right ... How I Met Your Mother is much more adult-oriented than Big Bang. I hope they're not dooming the latter. If the new comedies are bad, people might change the channel at 9 p.m.
    This seems to be CBS's attempt to get on the bandwagon with a "Cougar" type show. ABC's show, with Courtney Cox, looks funny, at least, in the previews. The CBS one, with Jenna Elfman, just looks depressing and over the top in its depiction of the "older" woman having to deal with aging. I doubt it will survive more than a couple of episodes.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I was looking forward to seeing her in a new show but her recovery is what's most important. I hope she's back to work on another project soon.

Maura Tierney Leaves Parenthood to Accommodate Cancer Treatment - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com

Maura Tierney has dropped out of NBC's Parenthood, TVGuide.com has confirmed.

In a statement, a spokesperson for Tierney said that the actress' breast-cancer treatments would conflict with the show's production schedule. "She is deeply disappointed that she will not be able to rejoin such a highly respected, talented, fun and funny group of actors and wishes to thank Jason Katims and NBC for their patience and support."

Maura Tierney has surgery to remove breast tumor

In its own statement, NBC said, "While we are saddened that Maura Tierney won't be able to continue in her current role in Parenthood, our main concern is for her quick and full recovery. Our thoughts and best wishes are with her."

NBC will recast Tierney's role, according to a source, and Parenthood is still expected to premiere at midseason. Written and executive-produced by Friday Night Lights' Katims, the show is based on the 1989 Ron Howard film about a dysfunctional extended family.

Tierney, 44, had surgery this summer to remove a tumor from her breast. NBC had previously pushed Parenthood's start date to midseason to accommodate her recovery. The statement also said that Tierney's doctors remain confident that the outcome of her treatments will be positive.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

FORT Fogey

Actually, the fall show I am most looking forward to is The National Parks, the new Ken Burns film. I've been hearing about this for years, and it will finally air starting the end of this month.

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3698571;
    Actually, the fall show I am most looking forward to is The National Parks, the new Ken Burns film. I've been hearing about this for years, and it will finally air starting the end of this month.
    Thanks for that, TopCat. I love Ken Burns' work and I was not aware of this one coming up. Our family will definitely be watching.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;3694107;
    ...I think one of them stars Jenna Elfman, and I hope it has excellent writers because the premise is really lame, and so are the previews...
    And so is Jenna Elfman. Can't stand her and am really disappointed that her show is being lumped in with a group of shows that I actually watch.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3703855;
    And so is Jenna Elfman. Can't stand her and am really disappointed that her show is being lumped in with a group of shows that I actually watch.
    I think the show will be the first one that gets pulled from the network. Ms. Elfman's last few attempts didn't meet with commercial success, like Dharma and Greg did.
    If the show lasts, it will be entirely due to strong lead ins / outs.
    I liked Jenna years ago when she seemed a lot more funny and less impressed with herself.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel;3698765;
    Thanks for that, TopCat. I love Ken Burns' work and I was not aware of this one coming up. Our family will definitely be watching.
    Florimel--hi. Just so you know--it is a series--I think four nights in a row. Check your local PBS station's listings to be sure of days/times. On our station it starts on Monday September 27 and runs the entire week through October 2.

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3704026;
    I think the show will be the first one that gets pulled from the network. Ms. Elfman's last few attempts didn't meet with commercial success, like Dharma and Greg did.
    If the show lasts, it will be entirely due to strong lead ins / outs.
    I liked Jenna years ago when she seemed a lot more funny and less impressed with herself.
    Thank you - I have not been able to define why I have changed my feelings for her over the years. I enjoyed her on Dharma and Greg, but have started to cringe hearing her name mentioned. You have hit the nail on the head.
    Honestly, when I hear about some people being in new shows, I find myself wishing it will be canceled even before it airs. Which is such a sad thing, because they are actors just trying to do their job of acting; doing the best they can for a steady income. But, I know I will not be tuning into this show, no matter how much promo they give it.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Just read Jenna Elfman is pregnant in real life too.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567