+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Fall TV 2009

Re: Fall TV 2009

I'm getting excited about the following new shows:

The Vampire Diaries, premieres 09/10 8/7c The CW and will include Ian S (Boone from Lost) as one of the brothers. (evil bro I think). Never read the book but was a fan of Boone, so.....
    FlashForward, 09/24 8/7c ABC
    V November , ABC with Elizabeth Mitchell (also Juliet from Lost).

Curiously interested in:
    Day One, winter of 2010 sounds like Jericho
    Stargate Universe, October, SyFy
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;3623907;
    I'm getting excited about the following new shows:

The Vampire Diaries, premieres 09/10 8/7c The CW and will include Ian S (Boone from Lost) as one of the brothers. (evil bro I think). Never read the book but was a fan of Boone, so.....
    FlashForward, 09/24 8/7c ABC
    V November , ABC with Elizabeth Mitchell (also Juliet from Lost).

Curiously interested in:
    Day One, winter of 2010 sounds like Jericho
    Stargate Universe, October, SyFy
    All of these sound like shows I'd like to see, except I never did get into the Stargate series due to other scheduling conflicts. I'm going to have to make a cheat sheet up just so that I can keep all these new shows straight. And I suppose as the season moves forward, some won't make the cut, making it easier to keep track. Of course I'm sure the ones I like will be the first to go .
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos;3564231;
    I'm really not looking forward to Jay Leno hijacking NBC nightly in a time slot I used to watch a lot on NBC. I only have the most basic cable (network channels basically). I will watching anything but him at that time of night so I guess my NBC viewing is going to go way down.
    I'm with you.
    I would watch it occasionally depending on who he has on as guests, but can't imagine watching it regularly when I could be watching scripted dramas on other channels.
    "That's Numberwang!"

tvguide.com has a synopsis for many of the new shows, as well as their premiere dates.

Fall Preview Pictures, New Shows Photos - Photo Gallery: Fall TV 2009: New Shows

This makes it even easier to see the premiers of everything

Fall Schedule Calendar – Fall TV Schedule Calendar, September 2009

CCL

Thanks ArchieComic Fan! I'm going to be away for half of September so I have to set my dvr and the above helps!
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Thanks Archie - loved having it organized so nicely, thanks for finding and posting it!

Here is a new HBO comedy - filling in the True Blood time slot. I just watched the preview, and it looks like it might be fun. "Bored To Death" starring, Jason Schwartzman, Ted Danson, Zach Galifianakis. Here is a link to the HBO preview:
    HBO: Bored To Death
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AmyKay;3525124;
    ...I dont like the fact they moved Big Bang. Hopefully it will be ok, at least its not moving to another night!!
    i can't believe that they moved "how i met your mother" to the 8pm slot and moved "big bang" to 9:30. how i met your mother is MUCH more adult-oriented than big bang!!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by barefootdyke;3694044;
    i can't believe that they moved "how i met your mother" to the 8pm slot and moved "big bang" to 9:30. how i met your mother is MUCH more adult-oriented than big bang!!
    Aren't they sandwiching some new comedies in between? (I think one of them stars Jenna Elfman, and I hope it has excellent writers because the premise is really lame, and so are the previews.) But you're right ... How I Met Your Mother is much more adult-oriented than Big Bang. I hope they're not dooming the latter. If the new comedies are bad, people might change the channel at 9 p.m.

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

yeah, actually all three of those programs are more sexually charged than big bang. makes absolutely no sense to me! cbs should know they have a hit with big bang, especially since jim parsons has been nominated for an emmy!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast