+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Merlin

CCL

Re: Merlin

I just hope Merlin's true role is revealed...Arthur needs to start showing some respect.

New season starts airing in Canada on January 5 on Space.
    Duxxy likes this.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Re: Merlin on NBC

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy View Post
    I watched the whole series the first time around, I really liked it. I know that there are many mythical discrepencies but taking the show at face value it was very enjoyable.
    I haven't seen it. I was mildly interested in the ads because I LOVE the Arthurian legends. However, I don't think I would care for it if there are discrepancies and it's made too modern.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

This is a more light-hearted approach but I really like the show...and normally I go for the dark and serious dramas.

I wonder when we get new shows in the US?

Fort Member

The last episode airs here this week and I am so sad it has come to an end
    I resisted it when it first came our as there was a big hype here about it and I just was not interested
    Got hooked on it during season 2 as it was in a time slot where nothing else was on
    They were replaying season 1 at the same time earlier in the day when I used to go to the gym so started watching it while I was on the treadmill gave me insentive to go to the gym
    Had to buy season 3 and 4 on DVD (advantage of living in Asia can get them a week after they stop airing in the country of origin) and watched them at the gym as well
    Knowing season 5 was going to be the last I have made an attempt to watch it in its time slot but due to travel I have missed a few so will buy the DVD in a week or so and will have it for the gym but after that I will have to find a new series to exercise to or quit the gym
    So sad I really have loved Merlin

Quote Originally Posted by mindy384 View Post
    This is a more light-hearted approach but I really like the show...and normally I go for the dark and serious dramas.

I wonder when we get new shows in the US?
    The new season starts tonight, Jan. 4.
    I hate to see it end.

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

Me, too. I'm watching all four seasons from the beginning on Netflix streaming today. I'm conflicted whether or not to skip to the last episode of season 4 before the first episode of season 5 starts at 10PM this evening. OR do I save that for watching after climbing my way up from season 1?

P.S. they replayed season 4 marathon style on SyFy today.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

That was a fitting end. I didn't think they were going to follow legend but I'm glad they did.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

I've just started watching Arthur's Bane Parts I and II and immediately I have questions. It has been three years into his reign but Gwen is not pregnant or has any children that I'm aware of yet. Gwen's serving girl has the hots for Merlin, but I don't trust her - she seems a bit skivvy. I also noticed that in the opening, the dragon now calls Merlin a young man and not a young boy. Why didn't Merlin tell the dragon about the dark warrior he saw as Arthur's slayer? We know from that glimpse that he threads back to the first season when the dragon told Merlin to kill the Druid boy, yet he didn't. From the last show of last season, why did the hatchling dragon breathe life into Morgana? Always the dark with the light?

Hopefully full enlightenment will come to me by the end of the second episode.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Okay, serving girl skepticism explained.

An Alien? Will Morgana never die? Who took the young dragon's tongue? Mordred as a knight?

Anthony Head returns next week as a very angry ghost.

CCL

The alienesque creature was something I didn't really care for (visually, the character itself was fine); I kept thinking of those aliens from the last Indiana Jones movie.
    Morgana is like a cockroach or something that will never die. I thought for sure she was a goner there but up she pops at the end. But maybe Mordred purposely stabbed her in a way that wasn't lethal.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast