+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Merlin

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Re: Merlin

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    Wait, Marian came back? After she died? I stopped watching after she died, I was so ticked off.

Season 4 of Merlin just ended in the UK so we are still considerably behind. I was in London when the penultimate episode aired and had to prevent myself from watching it. Would have been weird not seeing all the previous episodes from the season going in. . I wonder why NBC only aired the first season. Guess the ratings were not strong enough but you would think it would be suitable for, say, a Saturday airing.
    They only did 3 seasons of Robin Hood, Jonas wanted to leave which was the end sadly. When Marian died.. she died, but Lucy did came back for the last episode. The final season was pretty good on its own. I hated to see it end. I own 1 and 2 on DVD, I need to get 3.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

I just finished the all day marathon on season 3. When Merlin rammed the sword in the stone, ahhh. I've got about half an hour to see if Arthur's round table knights are still in play. I've always liked Sir Leon.

Anyway, if you rent the discs for season 1 they include behind the scenes stuff which is fascinating.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Slamming dark start to the new season. It has been a year since Morgana almost destroyed Camelot and they hold a feast to celebrate. The King doesn't attend as he has never recovered from almost losing his kingdom. Gaius says that he has lost his spirit. Gwen now looks after him. Arthur is defacto ruler and his round table knights remain intact. There is a new villain and you know he is a villain because he wears all black. He is Arthur's uncle on his mother's side and has been acting as advisor to Arthur who really appreciates him. Too bad he is aligned with Morgana who is first seen carting a dying Morgause to the ruins of the castle that held the old religion.

Anyway, Morgana creates havoc on Samhain by opening the gateway to the dead by using Morgause as a blood sacrifice and all havoc breaks loose. Part 1 ends as Arthur has decided to sacrifice himself to close the gateway and Merlin, who is powerless against the wraiths, tries to save Arthur from a wraith and "seems" to die in the process. Oh, Morgana has one of her prophesy dreams where she sees Emrys as an old man (season 3 had an episode where Merlin aged himself so we know it is Merlin but she doesn't.) Anyway, she knows from the gatekeeper that Emrys will shadow her and be her nemesis. That will probably fuel the storylines this season.

I do believe it is going to be a good one.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Loved it.. it was an amazing start. Love the darker side to this tale.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

CCL

It was dark but good...as long as they throw in some levity and certain elements remain (such as the Arthur - Merlin relationship) I'm good. Though the undead wraiths did remind me of the undead skeletons from a previous season that were rampaging through Camelot...bit of the same.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Ah, poor Lancelot how we mourn thee.

Besides being noble and brave, Lancelot was the only person other than Gaius who knew Merlin was a wizard. It was so cool and so foretelling that he got to interface with the great dragon. I think the words spoken to him and his vow to Gwen led him into the veil's rip with his arms outstretched. Oh, he was also the only one to hear the guardian call Merlin, Emrys. Now the keeper of the secret is Gaius, only. At least for now. I loved the spirits of the brooks and rivers - beautifully portrayed by blue bubbles turned soft gold lights. A good, though sad episode leading to a power play with Morgana and her evil minion, Arthur's uncle, throughout the remainder of the season.

Gaius is onto the uncle and has warned Merlin...but how to convince Arthur who loves and respects him. Good set up for plot.

CCL

Silly show...you don't get rid of the good-looking ones! Though I wouldn't be surprised if Lancelot comes back at some point. I mean, he didn't really die, he walked through the veil, so it is possible he is still alive, just on the other side.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    Silly show...you don't get rid of the good-looking ones! Though I wouldn't be surprised if Lancelot comes back at some point. I mean, he didn't really die, he walked through the veil, so it is possible he is still alive, just on the other side.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    He is 'dead' but Morgana brings him back as a "Shade" teaching him all he should know in order to pass him off as the real Lancelot. However, she doesn't know that he knows about Merlin and then he figures it out. He does in fact die again before end of season 4. There is a lot more to it all but that is the basics.. and yes, agree.. never kill off the hot ones!

The Final Season of Merlin premiers Friday, Jan 4, 2013 at 10PM.

You can pick up seasons 1-4 at itunes or streaming on Netflix.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 12-24-2012 at 01:39 PM.

The final season just finished airing in the UK Monday night. 13 episodes total,
    Click to see Spoiler:
    including a 2-part "Battle for Camelot" finale.

Good stuff -- not perfect, but a lot of fun. I'll miss this show.
    inthegarden likes this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast