+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Merlin

You call that MUSIC!!?? Ellender's Avatar

Re: Merlin on NBC

QUOTE=iguanachocolate;3679320;]You can see them on the NBC Merlin website. [/QUOTE]
    Thanks for the info. I just tuned in to this show about 6 weeks ago, and it's kind of a guilty pleasure for me.

I mean, the writing is ridiculously sloppy when it comes to depicting the period that the Camelot legend is set in (for example, Guinevere offering to make Merlin "a sandwich," when that term came about centuries later, or Arthur saying something like "Thanks, guys" to Merlin and Morgana." Or the way Merlin and others seem to be able to wander about the castle at all hours of the day and night without being noticed by the guards or servants.
    In many ways they seem to have played fast and loose with details like that. But then, I don't take the show very seriously, and it's really fun to watch. I hope it stays around.
    Last edited by Ellender; 09-01-2009 at 04:41 PM.

what are you watching? iguanachocolate's Avatar

Well, I don't think they ever meant the show to have historical accuracy in anything - it's just the setting. I like this approach - not that I have anything against programs being era accurate - because it is a new take on a tale that has been told over and over again, and told well over and over again via various mediums.
    A good book should leave you... slightly exhausted at the end. You live several lives while reading it. ~William Styron, interview, Writers at Work, 1958

CCL

^ I don't mind it either. And, really, if they were being truly accurate they'd all be speaking in Old English with subtitles underneath.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Season 2 is well underway in the UK. Episode 1 was a great mummy's tomb episode and #2 is called The Once and Future Queen so just by the title you already know it's involving Guinevere. You won't be disappointed.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

MERLIN has been on the SyFy channel for the past two seasons.

Season 4 starts Friday, 1-6, tomorrow night at 10 PM.

SyFy is running a marathon of season 3 starting early tomorrow morning and running until 8PM when the WWE takes over until the premiere at 10 PM.

If you have Netflix they stream the first two seasons and the third will stream before too long.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

CCL

In Canada Season 4 starts tomorrow on Space. Can't wait!

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

I always hated the delay from BBC on this show.. and Robin Hood. Glad to see it IS going to be back. I saw they had a mini marathon on a couple weeks ago, so i figured we were due.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

I'm watching the silliest episode from season 3 right now - Goblin's Gold. It is hysterical when the goblin, who has invaded Gaius, starts selling a preventative medicinal fluid that actually creates embarrasing gas.

Season three could be subtitled Morgana's Revenge and most of it is quite dark - but the round table of knights is formed and my favorite episode of all time, so far, is the last - the Rise of Arthur.

I love this show!
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Re: Merlin

Our DVR was set to tape all 8 episodes today so I had to go through and figure out when the newest one was on. Glad to see it's back; I was afraid it wouldn't be renewed. I have to admit, I always had a hard time with Anthony Head being Uther - he'll always be dorky Giles from Buffy to me.

Firewoman, I used to love BBC's Robin Hood and detested the wait between seasons. Jonas Armstrong broke my heart when he said he wouldn't come back and the show ended...but I guess I was mostly okay with it since Marion/Lucy Griffiths was gone. Their reunion had me
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

CCL

Re: Merlin

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin View Post

Firewoman, I used to love BBC's Robin Hood and detested the wait between seasons. Jonas Armstrong broke my heart when he said he wouldn't come back and the show ended...but I guess I was mostly okay with it since Marion/Lucy Griffiths was gone. Their reunion had me
    Wait, Marian came back? After she died? I stopped watching after she died, I was so ticked off.

Season 4 of Merlin just ended in the UK so we are still considerably behind. I was in London when the penultimate episode aired and had to prevent myself from watching it. Would have been weird not seeing all the previous episodes from the season going in. . I wonder why NBC only aired the first season. Guess the ratings were not strong enough but you would think it would be suitable for, say, a Saturday airing.
    Last edited by CCL; 01-06-2012 at 05:03 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast