+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Total Drama Island

Total Drama Island

Okay, I know some of you may write this off because it's on Cartoon Network, but it is seriously hilarious! It should not be watched by anyone under the age of 16 because it's definitely got a lot more mature content, and plus they probably wouldn't understand some of the references anyway. The premise is that 22 teenagers signed up for what they thought was going to be a game show at a resort, but it turns out to be a summer camp in Ontario. It's a parody of all the big reality shows, and all of the characters have a very clear label to them, which is what makes it absolutely hilarious. The show originally came from Teletoon in Canada, and the original Canadian episodes (some video websites have them) are even crazier-a lot got censored for the US version. No, this is not a reality show-it's a well-written cartoon.

The second season premieres today at 9:30, and it features 15 (14, plus Courtney is rumoured to return in the "Oceans 8-Or 9?" episode) of the original campers going for $1 million in movie-themed challenges. You can also catch episodes of the original many times a week, with quotes like "Hey look guys! I've got wood!" and "Eeeeee! Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey".

Oh yeah, it is my favourite show on television right now and very good for laughs.
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI
    "If you're one of the 46 uninsured Americans..."-Billy Mays

Re: Total Drama Island

The original characters:
    Owen-the "296 pound bag of joy", total party boy, has a mancrush on Justin
    Gwen-the goth girl
    Heather-Public Enemy #1, the mean girl and master manipulator
    Duncan-the juvenile delinquent who has a bit of a soft spot
    Leshawna-big, loud, and loving it-and everybody loves her.
    Geoff-the party boy/surfer dude
    Izzy-the resident nutcase, who lived in the woods and was being pursued by the RCMP
    DJ-the big guy who was the biggest softy of them all, who had a thing for animals and found a little one-eared bunny (which he named Bunny)
    Lindsay-the ditzy rich girl/Daddy's Little Princess
    Bridgette-the all-natural surfer girl who is a big klutz on land
    Trent-the sensitive, brooding musician
    Eva-the bodybuilder with a temper to rival a volcano (she is comedy gold)
    Harold-the somewhat-geeky skinny boy who hopes that his scouting badges and "mad skills" will help him. He also has a crush on Leshawna that is quite entertaining.
    Courtney-the prissy future politician
    Sadie-See Katie.
    Beth-the socially inept girl who wants to be popular
    Cody-the techno-geek who is all about impressing the ladies
    Tyler-the jock-although in this case, he thinks that he is pro-level in every sport and well, is not. He also has a fear of chickens.
    Katie-one half of the Clones (the other being Sadie), who cannot live without her other half. They dress alike, walk alike, talk alike...yeah.
    Justin-the male model. Enough said.
    Noah-the braniac who thinks sports are a waste of time and has a list of "life-threatening allergies"
    Ezekiel-the homeschooled kid who doesn't get out much and makes a lot of sexist remarks.

The ones I italicized are the ones that are back for sure for season 2.
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

I hate to admit i HAVE seen this show because my 8 year old LOVES it. I am still out on this one, but admit watching it with her I have lauged mroe than I care to own up to lol
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

I basically hate everything on Cartoon Network unless it's a syndicated show like King of the Hill (see my avvie however KOTH is not a kids show and my neice and nephew aren't allowed to watch it) so I would never watch anything like this and I won't be watching this one either. I took my neice (10) and my nephew (7) to see the movie UP (EXCELLENT movie BTW. Make sure you bring tissues!) and saw an extremely long preview for this show and I was HORRIFIED! Even the preview was too inappropriate for them IMO. Luckily, they don't like the Cartoon Network style of shows and were therefore uninterested. My nephew prefers to watch Tom and Jerry and the old Popeye cartoons I watched when I was a kid instead. Boomarang has much better programming for kids IMO. My sister doesn't even want them watching 75% of the shows on the Disney Channel (much to my neice's chagrin since she's in love with The Jonas Brothers ).
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

Boomerang DOES have some good stuff...I wish I got it. Oh, it airs at 9, not 9:30.

+ Reply to Thread