+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Nurse Jackie

Nurse Jackie

I just saw the pilot on Showtime yesterday. I did not know whether it would live up to the hype, but my lowered expectations once again left me with a very pleasant surprise. It was very powerful. Now I will have to keep getting Showtime, arg.

Re: Nurse Jackie

I was wondering about this show, I think I'll give it a go, it's not like there's a whole lot of new programming to choose from in the summer.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

I was hesitant about a series whose main actress was the wife on The Sopranos, as I really did not like her character in that show, but in this pilot she was very good, a very strong performance with a strong script.

I went into this show with low expectations but it definitely kept my interest and I did not see the end of the episode coming at all! This will be interesting.
    Yup, with donuts!!

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Im a HUGE fan of Peter Facinelli, so I need to check this out.. i am so behind on all my tv of late... 2 months of Heroes still to go!

I will assume its on SHO on demand? Maybe ill check it out tonight.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

i watched a free preview of it on some directv channel. i really liked it. i am very tempted to order showtime.

I liked the pilot (I watched it at Showtime's website), but while shows with "imperfect" main characters are interesting, I think they piled a LOT of "imperfections" on her in the first episode. I hope I can at least root for her to succeed as the season progresses.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

I guess ratings were high.. SHO already ordered a second season. As much as I love Peter.. i hated the show. In fact I was borderline offended. Nursing is a noble porfession, and they took at and made it a joke, IMO, granted it TV/Hollywood/Whatever but this was way to over the top.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by FireWoman;3500614;
    I guess ratings were high.. SHO already ordered a second season. As much as I love Peter.. i hated the show. In fact I was borderline offended. Nursing is a noble porfession, and they took at and made it a joke, IMO, granted it TV/Hollywood/Whatever but this was way to over the top.
    I agree -- over the top, and not in a good way. And Nurse Jackie's cheating on her husband was the final nail in the coffin for me. I didn't like the show, and won't be watching any more episodes.

I like this show. I don't particularily like Jackie or her morality but she's just a character and I want to see how she juggles it all. She's a judgement passing, pill popping, bitch slapping adulterer. I want to see what happens when karma catches up with her.

I love the british doctor, she kills me! It's just such a good mix of character with Jackie, the glee-club nurse in training, the unfeeling doctor, the idiot doctor and the male nurse. The guy cleaning his bathtub nude who was then attacked by his cat had me
    I like that Jackie's sociopathic ways are balanced out by her obvious dedication to her job and the care of her patients, no matter her faults she is an excellent nurse. I'll keep watching.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast