+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Nurse Jackie

FORT Fanatic

Re: Nurse Jackie

I love this show, but I have to say I don't like that the doctor is pregnant. Is she pregnant in real life? I'm not sure where the story will go..maybe she won't have time to take care Jackie because she'll be taking care of a real baby??? Jackie is like House...the character is more interesting when they're on drugs IMO.

The marriage is in limbo, but separated would be a good word. Jackie's been in rehab, and while she was there Ed visited her husband and confessed about their affair. Her husband beat the snot out of him at the front door, while the daughters were obliviously playing some video game with headphones not 10 feet away. So now they both know the other was unfaithful, and right now Jackie seems more willing to keep the family together than the hubby.

Other developments: Eleanor is pregnant and won't reveal who the father is (she may not be sure); the hospital was sold to a healthcare group that specializes in cutting spending and making their hospitals profitable. The new owner brought in their own supervisor (Bobby Cannevale), who basically took over Gloria's office and demoted her to floor nurse (which has been hilarious so far).

In the new episode, Jackie discharged herself from rehab 2 weeks early, claiming the reason was that her daughter is acting up and needs her (which she is, but it's a convenient excuse). Actually Jackie still can't do the work in rehab and not consider herself above all the other drug addicts around her. In her first day back to work, she quickly discovered how wrong she was. But she took a couple of crafty (one was kind of evil) steps to distance herself from her usual sources of drugs around the hospital. Who knows if she'll be able to cope, or if she'll need to go back and do the time like everyone else...
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Thanks to all for the updates. It sounds like a lot has happened.

I really wish I could get over my issues with the drugs, kids, etc. but it really bothers me for some reason. Hey, I watch Dexter and he's off killing people while he has a toddler at home! LOL

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

I caught up with the first three episodes last night, watching the back-to-back on demand. They flew by! I was impressed with the entire cast and story.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields View Post
    I caught up with the first three episodes last night, watching the back-to-back on demand. They flew by! I was impressed with the entire cast and story.
    I have to do that. I so enjoy NJ. I think Falco is nothing short of brilliant
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Disappointed in Showtime for only giving us 10 episodes of this last season. For some reason I don't find the show as fun as before. It's been a bit of a let down, so maybe the shorter season wasn't so bad after all. The writers have a lot of work to do to get the show back up to Season 1's standards.

I have watched all but the season finale of this season. I hope to catch it soon.

I actually liked it better than I did with Jackie hurting those around her and getting away with it. I actually like her better clean than using. I like that she is feeling the consequences of her prior actions. It's sad that those people who tried to protect her got hurt in the end, but I'm not too surprised. It's a great cast IMO and Zoey is my favorite. That character makes me laugh so hard. Love it.

I wonder how things will return to normal next season. Will all the regulars return?

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I have watched all but the season finale of this season. I hope to catch it soon.

I actually liked it better than I did with Jackie hurting those around her and getting away with it. I actually like her better clean than using. I like that she is feeling the consequences of her prior actions. It's sad that those people who tried to protect her got hurt in the end, but I'm not too surprised. It's a great cast IMO and Zoey is my favorite. That character makes me laugh so hard. Love it.

I wonder how things will return to normal next season. Will all the regulars return?
    I think you are going to LOVE the fianale. I did. There is a kind of wrapping up, or the promise of it, And Zoey does play a major part in that.
    Debb70 likes this.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

I've heard that Charlie dies and that Jackie and his dad try to save him. I'm sure that will be high drama.

One of favorite scenes was Zoey dancing when Jackie was making pancakes. That actor can take something so simple and make it a scream.

I'm really not sure about this season so far. I like Jackie's love life but I find myself missing her mean little tit-for-tats on those who deserved it.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

+ Reply to Thread