+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Nurse Jackie

FORT Fanatic

Re: Nurse Jackie

I too think that Kelly is an undercover cop/DEA agent.

I also think that Kevin is/was having an affair. I think that's the big reveal on Monday.
    Debb70 likes this.

I want the female doctor to go down with Jackie. She is an enabler. Those kids need someone to help protect their welfare. The dad is clueless too. Who in their right mind would allow a supposed recovering drug addict to control, dispense, and possess drugs?????? She should have had NO contract with the Xanax. Dad should have that responsiblity and keep in under lock and key from mom. AND mom should want it that way. To avoid temptation and all.

Then you have the lady doctor filling prescriptions for a nurse who is prohibited from handling narcotics at the hospital. It's just too bizarre. The female doctor is on my diss list. I want her to get her nose out of the air and realize just how clueless and harmful her actions have been. Ship her somewhere.

I love Zoey. Do you think she's really going to go for the cop who is smitten with her? It looks promising. I think she should.

The way they set up last season's finale and then came back and erased it, was insulting to the viewers. They had Jackie caught and headed for rehab and then poof! NEVERMIND, nothing's really going to happen. That was WRONG. If they do it again, that's it. I'm done with this show.

Okay, now I'm ready for the finale. Please make it good. Of course, next season they could start it out erasing what happens at the finale. If we see Jackie in the finale in handcuffs having her mug shot taken and then next season it premires with Jackie at work like nothing happened........ LOL

You guys called it! I loved the end with Acolidus (sp?) throwing the sample in the trash!! It was funny as heck!
    Yup, with donuts!!

I think I may not understand this show. Apparently, the basis of the show is that Jackie will never suffer any consequences from her drug abuse. I have been thinking that she would eventually find the need to seek help, but no, she is actually doing well as a drug addict. In fact she actually benefitted from her affair too. She has one and gets away with it and her husband has one and she kicks him out. Now the kids get to live full time with the loser parent who has no business parenting. And the dept. head throws the urine test away, so now Jackie gets to treat unsuspecting patients as a drug abuser. Wow, it was a great season for Jackie! I guess this is how they run that show. I'm afraid it's not for me though. I'm done.

I guess I'll stick with Dexter. So far that's the only Showtime program that I still like, except for The Big C. I think I'm going to pass on Weeds this next season too.

It's kind of a freeing feeling though. Pretty soon I'll only have a couple of shows that I actually enjoy! LOL

FORT Fanatic

Nothing is like it seems on this show. She said "pack your bags"....that's it. Who knows what comes at the end of that sentence? Yes it could be "get the &*#@ out" or it could be "we're taking a trip together". I, for one, can't wait for next season. It's just a tv show people...Edie Falco is not a drug addict in real life. I love the show and she's perfect in it.
    Debb70 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ilovefootball25 View Post
    Nothing is like it seems on this show. She said "pack your bags"....that's it. Who knows what comes at the end of that sentence? Yes it could be "get the &*#@ out" or it could be "we're taking a trip together". I, for one, can't wait for next season. It's just a tv show people...Edie Falco is not a drug addict in real life. I love the show and she's perfect in it.
    You're right. I'll reconsider. Who knows, maybe I'll check it out next season.....and maybe not. LOL

I think they are giving Jackie enough rope to hang herself with. Kevin did her a favor by cheating, she gave no real indications that she actually wanted him, certainly not now that he's finding what's left of her stashes and calling her out on it. Nope, she needs him gone, and she needs him to be the bad guy. Addicts love having excuses, and Kevin just gave her one.

Hang in there, if you have the tolerance. I think a fall is coming soon. The deck is stacked against her. As over the top as the scenarios are, in a way they are true to life in that an addict is often surrounded by enablers both big and small. Sometimes the enablers don't know they are aiding an addict (Zoey and the other nurses who would help her because they admire her, like Thor, who picked up the over the counter meds for her), sometimes they know it (the doc and the pharmacist, who both need to be fired) sometimes they don't want to know (Akalitus). Jackie will fall, the question is when and how many people might she take down with her.

Since day one, they had Kevin coming accross as Mr. Right-handsome, upright, supportive, etc etc. Then his wife, who has made one real slip up that he knows of (can't count the fact that she didn't tell her coworkers she was married since he seemed to buy the reasoning that she wanted to keep her private life private), is at her most vulnerable and he runs off and finds the time to bed another woman. This while his daughters, one who is medicated and one who is now setting fires, are in need of a stable parent. He's not so dreamy as he once seemed. Not so stable, stand up and rock solid. Clearly, he wants to be, but in all reality he is not. Stuff seems to come to the surface very slowly with this show. Would hate for you to ditch just when the full picture may be emerging.
    Debb70 and Poppy Fields like this.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

Okay. I'm convinced. I'll give it ONE more chance....next season.

Anyone watching the new season? I drifted last year, but now I'm back in the fold.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

I had decided to give it another chance, but haven't yet. I will be getting Showtime again when Dexter comes back. I'll catch up On Demand then. I'm not sure when that will happen.

How's it going? Is Jackie still separated or is she divorced by now?

+ Reply to Thread