+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Nurse Jackie

Re: Nurse Jackie

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
    Its TONIGHT, Debb!!!

OHHHHH! I was thinking it was last night! Thank goodness! I hope they have me set up with Showtime by the time I get home!

Off note; I'm keeping HBO for one more week so I can see the final episodes of Mildred Pierce. Did anyone watch that last night?

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    OHHHHH! I was thinking it was last night! Thank goodness! I hope they have me set up with Showtime by the time I get home!

Off note; I'm keeping HBO for one more week so I can see the final episodes of Mildred Pierce. Did anyone watch that last night?
    Nurse Jackie last night - how funny how that skirted the intervention!
    (Mildred Pierce on Sunday -loved it! Would have started a thread but it won't be on long).
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields View Post
    Nurse Jackie last night - how funny how that skirted the intervention!
    (Mildred Pierce on Sunday -loved it! Would have started a thread but it won't be on long).

I was disappointed in last night's show. What was the point of all that build up in last season's finale. They just acted like it didn't happen. It actually made me angry. You shouldn't treat your audience like that.

The only thing going now is that her husband and her friend/doctor have her number. They know what she's doing. I hope they both build their case against her and really call her to the carpet. Of course, it's difficult to be excited about them doing that because if they do, nothing will come of it. Just like nothing came of the confrontation this time. It really is terrible. They need to do something. Has she ever been in rehab before?

I was so turned off that I didn't finish watching! I turned it to something else. I may check it out later.

When does Dexter come back on?

I was a little disappointed as well but it looks like stuff is going to keep getting good so I will continue to watch!
    Yup, with donuts!!

This show has really lost it. It not only is boring now, but the idea that Jackie's doctor friend just ignores all that she found out and continues to work with her as if nothing happened is just BIZARRE. I can't buy it. I think I may have to write this series off. I'll finish this one and then I think it's over for me and Nurse Jackie.

She gave her drug dealer guy $400 for a days worth of pills? She was previously putting the pills on a calendar and splitting them up for each day. It looked like she had almost 2 weeks worth....except for the parts the rat ate.

Then she meets the guy in the diner, hands over $400 and it looked like a days worth of pills.

How did she come up with the $400 and how much longer can she keep that up?

She also paid for new glasses for the other patient. Where is this money coming from?

I thought it was $200 and that would be just about right in today's market. I don't like the fact that the dealer thinks he is helping her hit rock bottom so he can take credit for her getting clean when she decides to.
    Yup, with donuts!!

With this show, it won't matter if she hits rock bottom, because they will just prop her back up and continue as usual. It doesn't make sense to me. Have they lost their regular writers? Why put this stuff out there when they are capable of really giving us great writing is beyond me. Edie Falco can't be pleased with this.

I realize the show is comedy, but some things just aren't funny. Like the young doctor going into the paddle boat when his mothers announced they were splitting up. That was just not funny IMO. And then the scene where he breaks into the fake cry and hugs Jackie. So fake and so unfunny. Gosh, I'll be glad when this season is over.

Thank goodness we still have Thor!! He makes me laugh all the time!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by buglover View Post
    Thank goodness we still have Thor!! He makes me laugh all the time!
    Oh, I just love Zoey! I wish someone like her worked in my office. She is so funny. It's just everything she does that cracks me up.

Her response week before last when the patient in the E.R. asked her if she was on speed was too funny, if you will recall her answer. I can't print it here. LOL

+ Reply to Thread