+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Nurse Jackie

FORT Fanatic

Re: Nurse Jackie

I thought it was great. There's so much for next season. The scene with O'Hara and her mother had me in tears. It's a great show!! I can't wait for the 2nd season premier..too bad it's not until 2010.

I kept thinking dang it Jackie, O'Hara needs you and your having your little pity party!!
    Yup, with donuts!!

did this story start at the end? The first shot of the first show was Jackie on the floor of the bathroom and she says something along the lines of 'a nurse with a bad back is an unemployed nurse'
    I love Zoe and Momo too, the third of the trio, Thor cracks me up too. I think everyone BUT Jackie is really likeable, I especially like O'Hara and her meaner side, like the time she took Zoe's stethoscope [sic]
    I say take Jackie out of the show and make it an ensemble dramedy.. I'd be hooked. I hate Jackie's character.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Who is John Galt?

But Jackie's character is the central core around which all the others rotate. Without her, the other characters are too scattered and disparate. She connects the rest together.

For a basically unlikeable character, Jackie, is so watchable. I wonder what she will do next. Her character is like a more benign Dexter. She isn't nice, she isn't moral, she is a drug addict and yet I can't stop watching her.

I also love the periphery characters - Zoe is adorable, Momo is terrific, Ohara cracks me up, and the male doctor (can't remember name) is perfectly cast. Even Eddie has his moments, and the hospital head is hilarious. The only time I get a little bored is when she is with her family, but they are such a normal counter for her crazy life at work that I understand why we have to see them from time to time. But, I would like it better if she was just at the hospital.

Watched this show and caught up in two days! I really really enjoyed it. Jackie is so unlikeable, yet I find myself drawn to this show. I can't believe that I didn't get to it sooner.

Just started watching this on Demand this weekend and like it so far. Had decided to try a couple of new shows and see how I liked them...tried "Hung" on HBO and I love that one as well but could not find a thread for it, and then started this after I finished watching "Hung". I'm now up to the episode where they are dealing with the former nurse who came to the hospital to die. Looking forward to seeing all of the remaining episodes after reading your comments.

I have watched most of Nurse Jackie On Demand this past week. I really like it! I have a couple of questions to help bring me up to date.

When does the new season start?

How did she start popping pills?

What is her justification for having an affair? Her husband seems pretty cute and understanding. Has he caused her problems before?

Why does she snort the meds as opposed to swallowing them?

I look forward to more Nurse Jackie!

1. I"m not sure
    2. she started popping pills for her back and it escalated.
    3. I have no frikkin idea because her husband is awesome
    4. she snorts the meds because they go directly into the bloodstream with a kick without having to be processed through her whole system
    I hate Jackie, she's a weak cheater who uses everyone in her life. I loooove the show. I like the cast, I actually do like Jackie's brand of justice eventhough people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. It's a good series.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

I love this series.

We subscribed to Showtime initially because we wanted to see the Tudors. We discovered that we love Dexter, Nurse Jackie, Weeds, The United States of Tara, and Californication in the process. Showtime is the new HBO, in terms of series (in my opinion).
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

New seasons usually start sometime in the spring.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

+ Reply to Thread