+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Nurse Jackie

Re: Nurse Jackie

I'm taking a break from Showtime right now. I'll catch up later.

Can someone give a summary?

I'm loving this season so far. I just watched the advanced showing of next weeks episode online and this season is getting better and better. I believe there are only 10 episodes in the season so we're nearing the end. I really hope Morris Chestnut returns next season, especially if what I think is going to happen does happen next week.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

I've been kind of meh about this season. Episodes 8 and 9 are very well done. Morris Chestnut is seriously sexy.
    KeepItReal likes this.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

I agree it's picking up now....had very little to discuss about the show early in the season. I hate when it gets good just as it's about to end. Zoey is still the highlight of the show for me- I love the way she's humanizing Morris' character. I did not like them bringing in the new female doctor- hopefully she's turned the corner in the last episode and we can have less of Coop picking up her slack and her trying to con her way through. There's more story there with her...if she sticks around hopefully they make it an interesting one.

I enjoyed the past scene where Jackie comforted Cruz-though I hope they are not foreshadowing Jackie going down a similar path of struggles with Grace that Cruz had with his son. I'm also hoping that the relative calm of this season does not mean that we're in for another season of unbelieveable and unrealistic actions next season. This season was a major contrast to some of the things we were expected to swallow in previous seasons.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

Zoey was always my favorite character. Just watching her in a scene made me lol and just feel happy. LOVE her character. I'm going to get Show Time again when the finale season of Dexter starts later this summer. I hope they will still have this show available On Demand so I can catch up.

I love Zoey too! I watch the producer's segment on Shotime yesterday and they said they brought the female doctor in because they needed to sexy it up. Bleah So um to sexy up a show mostly watched by women let's bring in a barbie doll with fake boobs and have her undress at every opportunity. It didn't make a lot of sense to me. I'd rather have more shirtless Morris Chestnut than doctor huge boobs, small nipples
    KeepItReal likes this.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

I watched the entire episode in rapid sequence. I just got my Showtime back and caught it On Demand.

Yeah, I agree. I wasn't impressed with the female resident. In fact, the entire thing with her and Coop was annoying, except for when Zoey listened to their sex tape. Her reaction was too funny. But, all the scenes of the resident and Coop interacting were boring to me. The sex wasn't sexy, just silly. Cooper is such an idiot. How could he have not known what she was up to. Ridiculous.

I liked everything else about the show this season.

I don't blame Jackie. I would have sent Grace to live with Dad too. In fact. That girl may need a residential institution. Is Grace a sociopath? lol Actually, I do wonder if Jackie sent Grace to live with her dad, so she wouldn't be snooping on her and she can have her drug freedom.

I am a Jackie fan who likes her better clean and sober. I prefer that to when she is using drugs. No comparison, IMO. I do feel for her new boyfriend. I kept wishing he would not fall for her. She is going to break his heart. She will relapse. Most addicts do. If you don't have to get involved with an addict, don't. Relapse is part of the condition.

I'm so caught up in Mad Men premiering this Sunday night, I had no idea that Nurse Jackie's new season starts this Sunday as well. Looking forward to it!

Edie Falco On Sobriety, The Sopranos, And Nurse Jackie's Self-Medication : NPR
    Punkin likes this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Mad Men is back on! I had no idea. I hope it's better than last season.

I'm still not getting Showtime right, now, but will eventually and I'll catch up with Jackie.

I thought the episode was good. I think Jackie and her new sponsor will be fun to watch!
    Yup, with donuts!!

+ Reply to Thread