+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mental on Fox

MRD

Mental on Fox

Has anyone watched this? I gave it 2 shots and it's such a blatant rip off of House and is incredibly bad. The 2nd show was slightly better and really there isn't much else on this summer to watch. But I can't stop comparing it to the vastly superior House.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Re: Mental on Fox

I caught the first two episodes as well. I've never seen House so I can't compare. I liked the female support group therapist when she was on The 4400 but can't say that I like her character all that much on this show. The British doctor rubs me the wrong way. I find him unprofessional but I guess that's why he's able to get the results he does. I don't mind taping and watching it in my spare time but it's not must-see-tv for me and is not particularly good. I guess I'm just trying to find something to watch until my summer favorites of Big Brother, Monk, Psych, Army Wives, and The Closer start .

By the way, I wonder if they will air the next episode that has David Carradine in it. I wouldn't be surprised if they shift the episodes around and show that one at a later date, if at all. I hardly think the show will last very long anyway.

I taped The Listener last night and will see if it's any better.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

I've watched the first two epis as well and they didn't blow me away. It's alright, I will watch until something better comes on. The only part I like in the show is Jack searching for his sister Becky. I've never seen House so the rip off doesn't bother me. I'm going to check out The Listener too. ACF you left Burn Notice off your summer list
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

By the way, I wonder if they will air the next episode that has David Carradine in it.
    ok, i thought i was trippin... so that was him in the previews

anyways... fox did what network tends to do, House is popular (but pretty boring nowadays imo) and just rejiggered it into another show. It's watchable, but to me shows like this, House, Bones get pretty boring because it's basically the same thing week after week

I agree but in the case of Bones I think I tune in more for the interpersonal relationships and the new gadgets and proceedures than the actual cases. Maybe that's just the in me?
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

According to ET, Mental will show the David Carradine episode next week. I might watch but after that I think I'll call it a day on this. It's just not interesting enough to hold my attention. I felt the same way about Fringe and figured it would be canceled by now but it obviously developed quite a following and has been renewed. Maybe I should have stuck with that one?

Duxxy, I've seen Burn Notice and liked it but I think when it debuted I already had a full plate of tv shows and couldn't fit in another. Plus I was disappointed when Touching Evil (starring Jeffrey Donovan) was canceled and thought the same thing might happen again.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

It's mildly interesting to me too but I see the House ripoff and House only kept me interested for awhile too.

Watched about 10 minutes & that was enough for me. Way too much (good & bad) to watch this summer to invest an hour on this. Of cousre, that doesn't stop me from throwing in my two cents (nonsense?).

I, too, noticed the "House of the mind" premise and just couldn't net into this one. I loved House in the beginning, but it's worn thin for me now even with Hugh Laurie's talent. I'd like to see him move on.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

i stopped watching house a long time ago.. i'll peep it out every once in a while if i feel like it because it's just so boring

i don't care how good the main actor is...

Bones is the same imo, boring not a must watch every show is the same

of these types of shows on the FOX network i can only watch Lie to Me, i love the main characters and i find it more interesting with all the facial stuff and how they juxtapose the micro expressions w/ real world people

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast