+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mental on Fox

Re: "Mental" on Fox

Is this the one that had the other tread on here that was like house but in a psych unit/

Re: "Mental" on Fox

The other thread is here:
    Mental on Fox

I've tried into getting into this show and I just can't. Which makes me sad because I had high hopes before it started.

Re: Mental on Fox

After like 2-3 episodes I quit trying to get into the show. I enjoyed the premise but to me it was just another House with different people and I'm not really into House anymore either.

I like watching it on tape. Some episodes I FF quite a bit and some episodes, I watch through. It's a good Sunday/Saturday afternoon filler show by far! I enjoy it, but that's mostly because I like the characters. They're not necessarily written the best, but they're interesting enough.

Who is John Galt?

Personally I guess I am in the minority here (as I probably am in most things), but I really like the show. I absolutely prefer the lead actor over the guy who plays House and I don't see any comparison at all. This guy is a Psychiatrist and is calm, laid back, incisive and waaaay prettier. Being the shallow female I am, I like attractive men with pleasant personalities instead of obnoxious crusty older guys with bad tempers.

Generally speaking the shows are exactly the same to me with different character's basically and different forum but same basic story lines.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by aname2;3644266;
    Personally I guess I am in the minority here (as I probably am in most things), but I really like the show. I absolutely prefer the lead actor over the guy who plays House and I don't see any comparison at all. This guy is a Psychiatrist and is calm, laid back, incisive and waaaay prettier. Being the shallow female I am, I like attractive men with pleasant personalities instead of obnoxious crusty older guys with bad tempers.

Maybe it's because I've worked in a number of labs and hospitals (morgues too) that I too see a number of dfifferences between the two shows.

I much prefer Mental--but I know that House has very loyal fans too.

I also know number of psychiatrists and there really are some like the guy with the shaved head. (sorry I don't yet know the character's or the character's name)

He however has redeeming qualities whereas the ones I've known who were like him do not.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3644339;
    Maybe it's because I've worked in a number of labs and hospitals (morgues too) that I too see a number of dfifferences between the two shows.

I much prefer Mental--but I know that House has very loyal fans too.

I also know number of psychiatrists and there really are some like the guy with the shaved head. (sorry I don't yet know the character's or the character's name)

He however has redeeming qualities whereas the ones I've known who were like him do not.
    You sure seem to know a lot of people in many different occupations. What exactly did you do while working in all of these hospitals, labs and morgues? Oh yeah - and the psychiatrists too. Would you mind explaining your view of this show based on your experiences? And a follow-up thought - I'm guessing lawsuits abound in these professions.

FORT Fogey

I worked my way through school by working in hospital labs and morgues.

I had a lot of friends who were medical students and residents--I worked in big state teaching hospitals.
    Some of my friends did psych residencies and became psychiatrists and often regailed us with their stories. I also met a lot more psychiatrists through them.

The show is a romanticization of what psychiatrists do in hospitals--but there are some who are as idealistic as the main character.
    At least they start out that way.

Also staff psychiatrists don't have nearly the time to devote to each patient that the main character in the show does.

(JD--I also have a lot of lawyer friends from Law School. )

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123