+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mental on Fox

Re: Mental on Fox

well, they are showing the episode with David Carradine now. I wasn't sure they would show it this week.
    No Rain - No Rainbows - Nextel commercial

Quote Originally Posted by Dogg;3491856;
    i stopped watching house a long time ago.. i'll peep it out every once in a while if i feel like it because it's just so boring

i don't care how good the main actor is...

Bones is the same imo, boring not a must watch every show is the same

of these types of shows on the FOX network i can only watch Lie to Me, i love the main characters and i find it more interesting with all the facial stuff and how they juxtapose the micro expressions w/ real world people
    I agree with you about Bones and I do find Lie To Me very entertaining. It's something new, although a tad similar to The Mentalist.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I've stuck with it so far, I think we are 4 or 5 episodes in and honestly, I'm surprised that it hasn't been cancelled yet
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I like the hero... and for that matter his former lover/boss, but between her and Cuddy I'm getting a little irritated by the image that female hospital bosses must wear major cleavage.

I must be daft. I like House. And I like Mental. But to me they are different. House's patient's aren't always mental patients. They get more into diseases of the body rather than the mind, sometimes both. But Mental sticks with Mental Illness which I think is great because so many people don't understand Mental Illness, what it's like, what it can do to a person, and how many different kinds there are. I think it's focuesses more education on that topic specifically than House. JMO
    =^.^=
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

I quit watching after the folie a deux episode basically (caught a little of the kid/video game one too). While I think the education is good about mental illness, I also think it's a lot like House with the illnesses they are picking, the process of diagnosis and treatment etc. House doesn't deal necessarily with mental illness but the physical illnesses on that show and mental illnesses on this show mirror each other with obscurity and/or presentation.

I don't know. The treatment modality interests me, as it is person centered in the show but for entertainment purposes it does nothing for me.

I did enjoy this last one with the trial. It was pretty interesting.
    No Rain - No Rainbows - Nextel commercial

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Chris Vance is easy on the eyes, which is what got me watching in the first place. I'm still watching, to see Dr Jack Gallagher and to see what becomes of his mysterious sister Becky.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

FORT Fogey

"Mental" on Fox

I couldn't find a thread here for this show.

I stumbled across it a few weeks ago and was startled by how good it is considering the title.

The stories dramatize interesting cases and I like the actors and the writing a lot.

Does anyone else watch this?
    (It's on on Friday nights.)

Re: "Mental" on Fox

I watched the first few episodes and found them interesting, I hadn't realized they moved it to a new night though. Friday nights is usually a death sentence to a show.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast