+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Law & Order: SVU

CCL

Re: Law & Order: SVU

It was too much the Benson show. And judging by the second hour, with the flashbacks and the therapy session, that's going to continue. I'd rather see more of the other detectives.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

A few months back I caught a rerun of the very first episode of SVU and was stunned how different the show was. It had a lot more humor and ribbing among the detectives and it was written as more of an ensemble show. If you can ever catch it (or have the DVDs), watch it again and compare to last night's episode, or even the later Benson/Stabler years.

I read that she is beaten and raped by her abductor, but she is able to escape. She attacked the guy and almost killed him, but didn't at the last minute. So, is he going to go to trial and then she will have to testify and this guy will taunt her and smile at her in court, etc. I'm really done with that story. I've seen it a hundred times. I hope they don't go there. I would have preferred that she killed him.

I recall that Olivia suffered from PTSD after she went undercover into a prison once and the guard almost raped her. It bothered her a lot. So now, the problem is multiplied by this horrific experience. I respect that they want to show somone deal with this, but to me it's already been done. With the amount of trauma she's had, maybe she just needs to move to an administrative position or better yet, a new occupation.

Do you recall once when she saw that a defense attorney did the right thing for a case, she was impressed and asked him for his business card. She commented that perhaps she would contact him one day for a new line of work. Did she ever do that?

omg, he plays creepy scary rapist man extremely well!

that episode was indeed intense. poor olivia. she'll never be the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    The villain in the premiere was portrayed by Pablo Schreiber. He's the half-brother of Liev Schreiber, was born in Canada, and is named for the Chilean poet, Pablo Neruda. I thought that was pretty cool.

I tried to watch the two hour episode On Demand. Can you believe that you can't fast forward on it? This show is not that important to me, though I like to watch it sometimes. When they restrict it so you can't ff, it says to me that they must think this show is really all that.

I'm not sure who makes these rules, but when you pay for cable, you should be able to view the show and fast forward if you like. I doubt I'll see it until it reruns and I can record it.

Some networks do not allow FF On Demand repeats. I guess they figure if you watched the show live then you would watch the commercials. Might as well stick you with commercials there as well (though not as many.) I discovered that FOX does allow FF, at least on some shows, but I haven't found it with the other networks.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

CCL

My on demand doesn't let you fast forward either. I think it's because they want you to watch the couple commercials they put in.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Same here, I never know who will and who wont. It says at the start this show will not allow you to FF. So that's a warning I guess
    Last edited by Fanny Mare; 10-09-2013 at 07:27 PM.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

On my Time Warner cable, I can fast forward through everything on Premium channels like HBO, Showtime, etc., but also on FX, AMC, A&E, Bravo, OWN, MTV, etc. It seems ABC, CBS and NBC are the ones that prevent it.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

The preview indicates that Munch is about to retire....

+ Reply to Thread