+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Law & Order: SVU

Re: Law & Order: SVU

I stopped watching this one. I really liked the original L%O and only liked Elliot and Fin on SVU. I really super liked Criminal Intent when Bobby was dedctive but it all changed so I stoppped watching. Will watch re-runs of the older shows

what an awful comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I saw it. IT was VERY much like the real life story. And as far as the ending. I would not be surprised if some dead people showed up in Chris' path though, including Rhianna.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Awful, but if they were any other couple, certainly what the odds might predict. And since being a star doesn't protect you from abuse why should it protect you from anything else. Debb's not wishing it on them, she's just generalizing from what the data show...abused women often go back to their abusers, often more than once...and if they stay together it not infrequently ends in death. Not so sure about killing others than partners, but certainly partners...just open any daily local paper...

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Ugh... just watching reruns, and saw the cliffhanger from last season, where Olivia is being held at gunpoint by one of the creepiest rapists they've ever dealt with...and I see from the previews that are being constantly run that it gets worse from there. Whoever that actor is he is way too good at conveying creepy with a smile. I doubt I'll ever see him in anything again without flashing back on this show.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Just saw Mariska on Katie (an excellent show about how M has become involved with sexual assault issues due to being on the show, the 100s of 1000s of untested rape kits out there,etc.) and my impression is she not now being written off the show. She's seems really nice in real life. Also looks terrific.

I wanted to watch this last night, but there were so many shows at once. I'll have to catch this ON Demand later. It looked intense.

I just noticed my comment about Chris and Rhianna upthread. Honestly, I don't recall what context I posted that or what I was talking about, since it was from March, but I'm sorry if it offended anyone. I didn't intend to. It must have been about that episode that depicted a couple just like Chris and Rhianna. I vaguely remember it.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Debb, I did watch the premiere last night and it WAS intense. I felt the second hour was totally unnecessary and didn't really see how it tied in to the first half.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    Debb, I did watch the premiere last night and it WAS intense. I felt the second hour was totally unnecessary and didn't really see how it tied in to the first half.
    It was incredibly intense...but what a performance by Marisky Hargitay! It's definitely not one to view with kids in the room, portions of it were really difficult to watch. As for the second hour, it wasn't meant to be connected. Those were two stand alone episodes. NBC just threw us a bone - or mislead us into thinking we had to watch both at the same time, however you want to look at it - by giving us two hours of "season premier."
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

I saw a few minutes of the beginning and then when that guy is forcing vodka into her in the van. That was difficult to watch. What did he do to her?

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

The villain in the premiere was portrayed by Pablo Schreiber. He's the half-brother of Liev Schreiber, was born in Canada, and is named for the Chilean poet, Pablo Neruda. I thought that was pretty cool.

+ Reply to Thread