+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Law & Order: SVU

CCL

Re: Law & Order: SVU

It seemed a bit of an about-face for Lahti to suddenly become an alcoholic. Hmm. I never warmed to her, anyhow, so I'm not sad about it. Will Cabot be coming back then? Or will we be having a post-rehab Lahti back? Or someone entirely new?
    Great to see Scott Foley, even if it was as an alcoholic murderer.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Alex is back next week I heard.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I enjoyed seeing Scott as well--he looked quite cute. I thought he was going to have been roofie-ed or something... Well, I guess one can hope that this REALLY gets through to him that he can NEVER EVER drink. Although since he was violent before when drunk and that didn't do it.... The SVU cases seem to be going through a series of downer endings....

i agree abt the preachy-ness. i did not like this episode too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3731216;
    I like Christine Lahti as an actor very much. However I feel that ehr character's actions/reactions are too predictable.

As soon as she started ragging on Olivia about alcoholism I just knew she herself was going to end up being drunk.

Sometimes I think this show--as much as I like it--gets too in-your-face preachy.

IMO only.

Wow....no comments here for over 3 years!
    I just wanted to say how amazing Patricia Arquette's performance was on this week's episode. Emmy worthy, IMO.

And I really miss Elliot

Posters have just been using the generic L&O thread...I guess this one is kind of redundant since it's the only surviving show of the franchise.

Patricia Arquette saved this week's show. Really, it was a crappy storyline with a trite ending - unworthy of SVU - but she was perfect. Stole every scene she was in, and I think she was in pretty much all of them.
    Debb70 likes this.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I miss Elliot, and even with Arquette- I only gave it a 4/10
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I thought she was great too, but she is one of my favorites. I miss her so on Medium. I hated to see that show go.

Law & Order: SVU

Anyone watch yesterday? It wasn't so much "ripped from the headlines" as it was copied directly. Rhianna & Chris Brown were actually mentioned. I wonder how Rhianna is feeling about Dick Wolf today.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by AJane View Post
    Anyone watch yesterday? It wasn't so much "ripped from the headlines" as it was copied directly. Rhianna & Chris Brown were actually mentioned. I wonder how Rhianna is feeling about Dick Wolf today.
    I saw it. IT was VERY much like the real life story. And as far as the ending. I would not be surprised if some dead people showed up in Chris' path though, including Rhianna.

+ Reply to Thread