+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 41 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Army Wives - Season 3

Re: Army Wives - Season 3

This was the most recent thread I could find. Is there a more recent one?

I'm trying to figure out what Claudia Joy has done. I think she had some work done on her face since last season. She sure looks different IMO. Did anyone else notice? She looks great!

It seems to be going quite slow this season so far. I hope things liven up soon.

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar

Wynonna sure looked rough, didn't she?
    Wake up and be awesome

FORT Regular

Last night's episode sure was a schnoozer... the main story with Marisol, a side-character, was boring. There was a gripping scene in the exam room when the husband barged in, but that's it. (Is Marisol going to be integrated into the show as one of the main "wives"?).

The entire episode seemed geared just to do the 10 minute music video for Five for Fighting and Wynonna - if I wanted a music video I'd go to youtube or mtv or vh1, etc.

I zoned out most of the show and caught up on facebook stuff instead. C'mon writers!

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Annika;3906339;
    Last night's episode sure was a schnoozer... the main story with Marisol, a side-character, was boring. There was a gripping scene in the exam room when the husband barged in, but that's it. (Is Marisol going to be integrated into the show as one of the main "wives"?).

The entire episode seemed geared just to do the 10 minute music video for Five for Fighting and Wynonna - if I wanted a music video I'd go to youtube or mtv or vh1, etc.

I zoned out most of the show and caught up on facebook stuff instead. C'mon writers!
    Love the show, but I totally agree with everything you said, Annika.

I just felt that story has been done before so many times, so many places. I know it is important to inform people about domestic violence, but the script didn't offer anything new or interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3886425;
    When did Army Wives stop showing repeats of the current episodes through the week? I forgot to watch it last night.
    Just go to Lifetime and watch online...less commercials. I usually watch this way....as sometimes I'm not near a TV when it's on.

I don't watch this show, but I turned it on early a few weeks ago to watch Drop Dead Diva and OMG, what the hell did Kim Delaney do to her face!? She looks horrible. She used to be so pretty on All My Children and NYPD Blue. Why do actresses think all that surgery and Botox and fillers improves their appearance? Such a shame. It's not too horrible when she's just expressionless (which is a lot of time because of all the Botox), but when she smiles, she looks like the Joker.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3907165;
    I don't watch this show, but I turned it on early a few weeks ago to watch Drop Dead Diva and OMG, what the hell did Kim Delaney do to her face!? She looks horrible. She used to be so pretty on All My Children and NYPD Blue. Why do actresses think all that surgery and Botox and fillers improves their appearance? Such a shame. It's not too horrible when she's just expressionless (which is a lot of time because of all the Botox), but when she smiles, she looks like the Joker.
    See my post #61 above. I noticed, but thought she looked great. LOL
    I'll check her out again. I think there is a lot of pressure to look younger when on camera. I think she is probably the olderest actress on the show and was feeling the pressure. The secret is to do it and no one notices. The problem is that most of the time you can really tell. Have you seen Meg Ryan lately? OMG.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;3907914;
    See my post #61 above. I noticed, but thought she looked great. LOL
    I'll check her out again. I think there is a lot of pressure to look younger when on camera. I think she is probably the olderest actress on the show and was feeling the pressure. The secret is to do it and no one notices. The problem is that most of the time you can really tell. Have you seen Meg Ryan lately? OMG.
    I think it's easy to criticize how old people look when we're young, but as we OURSELVES get old, it's really hard to see our own skin begin to sag and wrinkle. I, for one, would rather look "different" and have the botox or plastic surgery, and at least try to forstall the sagging and wrinkling for as long as I can. It's a choice, of course, but for me, the hardest thing is to listen to young people arrogantly criticize old people for, at least, TRYING to look as good as they can. Yes, Kim Delaney and Meg Ryan and tons of others look "different" after their cosmetic work, but as Debb said, there's a lot of pressure in the entertainment biz to keep looking young. Looking young is not important to everyone, but to those for whom this is their choice, I support their decision to have work done, even if the results are not as perfect as we all wish they could be.

I don't know that I'm all that young. At 41, I'm ancient by Hollywood standards! There are plenty of actresses getting work done, but some are taking it to extremes. I understand wanting to look good, but when you're Botoxing and using those fillers to the point where your face is practically immobile, then you're messing with your instrument. I mean, actors make a living off their face and being able to emote. Why destroy that?

You only have to look at Meryl Streep and Vanessa Redgrave to see beautiful, luminous older actresses who haven't had a bunch of plastic surgery. Who wouldn't want to look like that?

Kim Delaney used to be pretty and now she just looks scary, IMO. I looked back at pictures of her from twenty and even ten years ago and it was very sad to see what she's done. No, she's not a great actress, but she was good. I can hardly stand to see her in the commercials for this show.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread