+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 41 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Army Wives - Season 3

Re: Army Wives - Season 3

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1;3678010;
    Yeah, I saw the diabetes diagnosis coming too for Claudia Joy. I was surprised by her reaction to the diagnosis though, as she is always so stoic, especially when she is faced with something difficult.
    I was a little disappointed by her reaction, it's not like she was given a cancer diagnosis. I'm not downplaying the seriousness of diabetes but she cried as if she was just told she only had a few months to live.

I too love Trevor. It was touching the way he took TJ fishing and made him feel special since Finn (sp?) is getting so much attention over his private schooling.

They hardly ever show Jeremy anymore so when I saw his first scene I already had a sense of foreboding. Especially since they had him being happy his parents are back together, as if the writers were tying up his story in a neat little bow so that when they kill him off at least he will die knowing his parents are happy again .

If they kill Chase off Pamela would have to move off post. That could open up some new storylines for her, such as having to find affordable housing when she just moved into her nice on-post two story. But I don't think he is who the dreaded black car is for (guessing it's about Jeremy as well).
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

I think it will be Jeremy as well. When Denise was talking to him on the phone and told him to come home soon, he said something to the effect of 'that is the plan'.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by xmaskat;3679868;
    I think it will be Jeremy as well. When Denise was talking to him on the phone and told him to come home soon, he said something to the effect of 'that is the plan'.

The produers did say that this season would be less humorous and more dramatic. It should be an interesting subplot, if Jeremy either dies or is disabled. Can't wait for next week.

I guess we don't get any new episodes for a while? I wonder what's up with Chase, seems very mysterious. And even though the notification car wasn't about Jeremy, previews show him slipping into a suicidal depression when one of his buddies is killed.

I'm sorry but I'm still annoyed by Claudia Joy and her attitude about her diabetes. I guess since I'm not in a diabetic's position I can't really fault her for being scared and upset, but she really is acting like she's been given a death sentence. Maybe the angle is that she's always been in such control and now she has a condition that is beyond her control and it's hard for her to cope. But still...

I laughed at Roland and Joan getting sick from the oysters. It seems unusual that there wouldn't at least be a half bath on the first floor (guessing there isn't since they both ran upstairs).

Being a recruiter is not going to be the easy job Trevor thought it would be. I know I wouldn't be able to do it. And having Roxy scare off potential recruits by asking him to show his scar from his wound in Iraq is not a good selling strategy .
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

FORT Fogey

Tonight's episode was an interesting look back.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Are reruns shown on Hulu or another site? I didn't see the one before this last one, and I'm too invested in this story to be OK with skipping it. Will they do a marathon?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Pro you really need to see last week's episode, this week's episode was unconnected so you'd be ok with skipping it. I'm not sure where you can see Army Wives on demand. I know LIfetime has the episodes but I can't access them from CAnada, you may be able to though
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Thanks! I'll check! They didn't have an encore episode the week I was really needing one.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Regular

Flashback/WWII episode was a major snoozer. My husband's comment was that this was probably an idea that sounded great during initial meetings with the writers but didn't pan out when put into action. My comment was that it was probably a lot of fun for the writers, crew and cast to put this on, especially with the costumes, make-up, hair, and set design, not to mention the several dance scenes, but that there was no real GMC - goal, motivation, plot - and thus the whole episode was a big "so what??" for me. Not even a very good placeholder in the overall story arc for season 3 and absolutely zero character development for the characters, either. I watched this while reading other materials. I guess I was holding out hope something relevant would happen (it didn't).

Note to Producers/Writers: BORING. I felt duped.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Annika;3709493;
    ...My comment was that it was probably a lot of fun for the writers, crew and cast to put this on, especially with the costumes, make-up, hair, and set design, not to mention the several dance scenes, but that there was no real GMC - goal, motivation, plot - and thus the whole episode was a big "so what??" for me.
    Yeah, it didn't develop the plot in any way, and when I saw the promos I was disappointed, and planned not to watch. But, you know what, I ended up watching anyway, ( cause I LOVE the show, and hoped it was not going to be the whole episode). To my surprise, I found it charming, nostalgic, and very touching. I'm old enough to remember WWII, not to mention all the wonderful WWII movies of the 40s and 50s, and I thought Army Wives really got it right! Okay, so there was no plot development, but, so what? I had a lovely 'look back' with actors I'm really fond of. Not such a bad way to spend an hour. . .

+ Reply to Thread