+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 41 FirstFirst ... 29303132333435363738394041 LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Army Wives - Season 3

FORT Fanatic

Re: Army Wives - Season 3

Back or not I don't care...I'm done. I know that in real life families move in the military, but this isn't real live, this is tv. No Pamela, No Roxie, No Claudia Joy = NO Me watching this show.

I have seasons 1-4 on DVD...I'll watch them and just pretend that the show ended when Pamela left.

FORT Fogey Air Blobs Easy Champion inthegarden's Avatar

I think Roxie had already come to terms that they were moving and was ready to go. Also, she was relieved that Trevor didn't get the call to go. Haven't you ever been in that situation where you were sad but at the same time thinking... Hurry up before we get called back.

I would say it was written so it could either be the series finale or the season finale.It seems the last few years they have ended the season the same way. I guess we will be in limbo until they make that decision. I do agree that the phone call was about Claudia Joy, unless they are planning on starting with a half a regular cast. Everyone's significant other was on the plane.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I can't see the show coming back with everybody all gone in different directions. I can see this bring a Sopranos-type ending where it's all left to the viewers interpretation.....really hated that, and am still hoping for more, to this day!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey Air Blobs Easy Champion inthegarden's Avatar

In our newspaper this weekend, the question was asked if there would be a season 7 of Army Wives. The answer was as of now, there is no decision whether or not it will return. The reasoning behind the cliffhanger (of several cast members on the plane in turbulent weather), is... if... it does return, they plan on thinning down the cast, making the show less expensive to produce.
    Debb70 likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by inthegarden View Post
    In our newspaper this weekend, the question was asked if there would be a season 7 of Army Wives. The answer was as of now, there is no decision whether or not it will return. The reasoning behind the cliffhanger (of several cast members on the plane in turbulent weather), is... if... it does return, they plan on thinning down the cast, making the show less expensive to produce.
    Then they should end it. A watered-down Army Wives is no show at all. Roxie & Trevor driving through the base on their way to next post, was a perfect ending.

I'm little surprised that they want to reduce the cost of production of the show. My goodness, based on what I have seen, they don't put much money into it now. It already is scaled back. We know they put ZERO funds into technical research, even though someone on the set with google capability could do better than what they have had in previous seasons.

Sounds like the may not be able to afford the long time, big name actors either. Maybe they couldn't afford to pay CJ. ???

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

You now, I doubt that that is the case. I'd be willing to bet you that her personal issues were just not anything they wanted to work with. Makes too much sense to me. I doubt that "CJ" was an actor who could command an impossible salary. She has an undesirable handicap, as much as I hate to say it.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fanatic

This is from Ask Ausiello at TVLine - TV News, Previews, Spoilers, Casting Scoop, Interviews

Army Wives Is Renewed — But Who Will Return? Lifetime has renewed Army Wives for Season 7, the network announced on Friday — not two weeks after the drama’s sixth season came to a close. Which Wives will return, though, is at this moment up in the air.

Season 7′s 13 episodes will air sometime in 2013.

Exactly who from the series cast will return for Season 7 has not been detailed, and is not expected to be announced until closer to the start of production.

UPDATE: Our sister site Deadline confirms that only Catherine Bell and Kelli Williams currently have deals for Season 7, while Kim Delaney is not likely to return.
    Debb70 likes this.

FORT Fanatic

That's it for me...I'm done with this show.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

For me, I can live with it if CJ doesn't return --- although I'll miss her terribly as she's one of my favorite characters. But if CJ and Roxie and Trevor don't return, there won't be anything for me to come back to. . . except Denise, whom I love, but that one character just isn't enough.

+ Reply to Thread