+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 41 FirstFirst ... 272829303132333435363738394041 LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Army Wives - Season 3

Re: Army Wives - Season 3

I don't know much about army life, but I do know that Jackie and Gloria would never be friends because of the caste system. It exist in all branches of the military. I like Gloria alright, but not Hector. Don't want Roxie or Trevor to leave as I like them both. My favorite is still Denise.
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

What is bogus about diabetes and kidney damage?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    What is bogus about diabetes and kidney damage?
    Army Wives portrayed Claudia Joy as getting Type I diabetes and then having kidney damage that is so severe that she needed a kidney transplant within one year. That kind of thing just doesn't happen. I knew it, but mentioned it to my endocrinologist when I was in for a visit. Organ damage, kidney, eyes, etc. due to high blood sugar is a slow process. It gradually causes damage over a period of many years. And if your blood sugar was running high, CJ would have clear indications of that long before organ failure. You would experience frequent urination, thirst, numbness in the hands and feet, blurred vision, and even ketoacidosis, where your blood is so full of sugar that you are being deprived of oxygen. You get very sick and must go to an E.R.

Even with high blood sugar levels, she would not have that kind of breakdown so quickly. I think they took a great opportunity to educate on diabetes and wasted it.

FORT Fanatic

I've been on dialysis and they did not portray it accurately. Another wasted chance for education.

The promos for the end of the season are sounding like promos for the end of the entire show. They say something like "It all comes to an end."

Somebody mentioned that upthread, and I wasn't believing what they were asking, but the more I hear it, the more it sounds true.

I guess we'll know soon.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by ilovefootball25 View Post
    I've been on dialysis and they did not portray it accurately. Another wasted chance for education.
    I don't know anything about dialysis, but I do know Type I diabetes and portraying CJ as if she came down with it and then without realizing it had severe kidney damage in a very short time is just bizarre. Type I diabetics, who have insurance, get blood test every six months. They measure your kidney function and would have picked up on that years before she lost all function. But, it served their purpose.

I know that dialysis can be quite difficult on the patient. I hope you are doing well.

Last night I felt like here we go again. Denise is saving more lives. She and her husband should be recoginzed by The President. They are some life saving machines, that's for sure. Let me guess. Next week, Denise and Frank will save more lives. lol

The way Roxy and Trevor are moving away, makes me think it is ALL ending. I wonder if Kim Delany has really suffered from something behind the scenes, that makes her continuing with this show impossible. It could be health or addiction, but disappeared for some reason. I hope we find out why.

I was so frustrated with Roland last night, that I had to ff through much of his stuff with David's dad. Everybody, including Roland's receptionist knows how he is handling the situation is unwise. This time I side with Joan. I can't believe I'm saying that. Why can't Roland protect his family. If I were Joan, I would have a HUGE problem with his poor judgment. A detached substance abuse professional would be the proper person to treat this man. Roland is also creating an unsafe environment for his other patients. The previews show something that happens to the guy. I'm not surprised.
    Last edited by Debb70; 08-20-2012 at 11:35 AM.

I got the impression that David's bio-dad dies from an OD. In the meantime, Roland has him on the waiting list to go into rehab, but is tending to him until he gets in. I think Roland feels professionally obligated to deal with the man until he gets into rehab; he does have him going for daily methadone.

I keep waiting for the paralyzed guy to suicide; Mr. Macho has been rendered helpless by his Humvee accident, as he sees it. This is a mess. I think they are wrapping up storylines. They keep saying "only 2 more episodes left".

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I got the impression that David's bio-dad dies from an OD. In the meantime, Roland has him on the waiting list to go into rehab, but is tending to him until he gets in. I think Roland feels professionally obligated to deal with the man until he gets into rehab; he does have him going for daily methadone.

I keep waiting for the paralyzed guy to suicide; Mr. Macho has been rendered helpless by his Humvee accident, as he sees it. This is a mess. I think they are wrapping up story lines. They keep saying "only 2 more episodes left".
    They are definitely wrapping up story lines ... Pamela's long gone, CJ is "away", Gloria's divorced & gone, Kevin will be gone one way or another, Roland's probably going to lose his licence, I don't know what happened to the soldier and her partner who were planning marriage ... etc.

As for the writing ... don't get me wrong .. I love(d) this show and think Denise is fabulous BUT best line of the night was when Denise who is now a heroic almost Nurse Practitioner says to the guy with the gun barrel through his body "take care of yourself" !

As you said the promo trailers have been saying "only 2/3 more episodes before it ALL comes to an end" so it sure seems like the series is ending.
    I think they were intending to end it when the base was supposedly closing, but then they gave it a reprieve and tried one more season and brought in Jackie/Kevin and the soldiers from the other base so I think this is probably it. Darn!
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

REf. Roland and David's dad. Hard core drug addicts and those with serious criminal backgrounds can be very dangerous. They often turn on innocent people who are trying to help them. I think Roland is ignoring what he must know about drug addiction because he feels he must help. I also think David's dad mainly wants a place to stay and the sobriety thing is not his real objective.

I think Roland is doing what he is doing out of obligation to help somebody who has come to him, intentionally, for help and out of a sense of duty to David to help his dad, even though he doesn't like him or really trust him. I think David's dad really wants sobriety, as much as any addict proclaims to want it, but it's such a huge monkey on his back. Since the show is ending, so we think, we'll never really know. Having him fatally OD is a way to put a period to the end of David's dad's story.

+ Reply to Thread