+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 41 FirstFirst ... 26272829303132333435363738394041 LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Army Wives - Season 3

Re: Army Wives - Season 3

I know stories have to progress and move forward and in the real world military people move or leave the service, but I'm not really clicking with any of the new characters and certainly not at the expense of losing the old ones. Sadly if the show ended I'd be ok with it (as long as we get a decent wrap up). Kim Delaney's role has been greatly scaled back and can only guess it has to do with what happened last year when she was a speaker at a military event. Maybe it's her choice to scale back to take care of herself. I liked Pamela but wasn't really sad to see her go. My favorite characters are Denise and Roland.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

FORT Fanatic

I agree with everything everyone said about the continuity of the show. This used to be a "can't miss" show for me. Now I DVR it and read the recaps after the fact...I've deleted the past 3 shows w/o watching them. It just doesn't sounds interesting anymore. Here's my fix: get rid of Gloria (and Hector), get rid of Jackie (and Kevin and Sophie), much MORE Denise and more Claudia Joy. Sounds simple enough.. ha ha
    SpringMaiden27 and Coco46 like this.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by ilovefootball25 View Post
    I agree with everything everyone said about the continuity of the show. This used to be a "can't miss" show for me. Now I DVR it and read the recaps after the fact...I've deleted the past 3 shows w/o watching them. It just doesn't sounds interesting anymore. Here's my fix: get rid of Gloria (and Hector), get rid of Jackie (and Kevin and Sophie), much MORE Denise and more Claudia Joy. Sounds simple enough.. ha ha
    And much more of Roxi and Trevor!
    Coco46 likes this.

I have read a rumor about the show that I'm trying to confirm right now. I'll put it in spoilers, since it may be very upsetting to some fans AND it may not be true, but it does makes sense in a way.

I
    Click to see Spoiler:
    read that Roxie and Trevor are leaving. They will be sent to another state. I'm not sure if Trevor stays in the military or takes the job in CA. Hey, that could be a new show. Pam and Roxie in CA with husbands who work for the same company. It could work.
    I suspect Kim Delaney is on her way out. Her appearances have just been too sporadic. Somethings up with it, IMO.

I am such a fan of this show and it's concept! I hate to lose it.

I wouldn't mind seeing a spin-off or expansion of the story line that includes all militarywives ... that is, all branches and/or how about Veteran's wives? Lot's of story potential with either of those concepts.
    Duxxy and Debb70 like this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

They were showing something that said the finale. Do they mean the season finale or series finale?

Hector is just a horrible person. I wonder why neither his wife or baby's mama didn't tell him that the law will make sure he supports his kid, whether he wants to or not, eventually. I wonder what his supervisors are going to say when this hits the fan.

Does anyone else think it's odd that on the timeline on the show, six months ago, CJ and Denise are attacked by an man with a gun and Denise steps in and saves them. And now six months later, their husbands are attacked by a man with a gun and Denise's husband jumps in and saves CJ's husband. Isn't that too coincidental? lol

the writers for this show are contentious recyclers Deb lol
    Debb70 likes this.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Did you think that Jackie and Roxy were rather cold when Gloria said she was leaving? I mean, I know they weren't long time friends, but I have shown more dismay of a summer intern leaving my office that I've only seen half a dozen times, than those girls showed her. lol
    It was almost like they said, "Don't let the door hit you butt when you leave." lol Seriously, they could have shown a little more concern and I miss you emotion.

I think a show is in trouble when the writing could be done better by a couple of viewers than the professionals in charge. I really believe that I could write a dynamite script for Army Wives, that would bring in new viewers and bring the new fans back. I would take me a couple of weeks to get my inspiration, but I have no doubt I could make it happen. All it takes is some imagination, love for the characters and a little writing skill. Apparently, Army Wives is short on all three in their writing staff pool.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Yes, I was also kind of surprised at how nonchalant both Jackie and Roxie were when Gloria told them she was leaving. Especially Roxie, cause she and Gloria have been so much closer with their friendship than Gloria has been with Jackie. In fact it didn't even ring 'true' when it happened with Roxie, because in addition to losing a good friend, Roxie, (being in a total state of exhaustion over having brand new infant twins), should've been in a total PANIC when she found out that Gloria was leaving, because she would realize that now SHE would have to deal with finding and training someone to take over at the Hump Bar, while she was still having to be away from work.

But my guess is that Gloria won't be going anywhere --- now that Jackie's husband was so badly injured, Gloria probably will be asked to stay and help Jackie out in some way or other. I hope so cause I've really grown fond of Gloria and hope her character stays on the show.

PS I still love the show and I think that except for an occasional lapse, the writers are doing an okay job. I know that some fans haven't liked all the storylines this season, but I for one have liked most of them, and the few that I could've lived without, haven't been so terrible. At least it's not like my favorite soaps (GH and Days of Our Lives) where I love the shows, in spite of the fact that very often the writing and storylines are so bad that you want to pull your hair out!!!!

I agree about wanting Gloria to stay. I would like that. I guess I'm more for a stickler on details, so when they write in things that are inaccurate it bothers me. Expecially, when it would have taken only an hour to have someone research it. All of these errors keep adding up and eventually it just ticks me off. For example, stuff about the diabetes, kidney damage, bogus. And many other things.

I have read they portray lots of things about the Army incorrectly too. I don't notice that because I'm not familiar with the Army, but that is rather odd IMO. Wouldn't you think they would have a person on staff to ensure they are at least getting the Army stuff correct. I guess not.

I'm all for a fantasy story, but when it jumps the shark too much, I get frustrated. My hope is that AWs gets back on track or ends soon.

+ Reply to Thread