+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2526272829303132333435363738394041 LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Army Wives - Season 3

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: Army Wives - Season 3

I'm pretty sure Roland told David's dad that David is HIV+.

I wonder if that guy is going to turn out to be a serial rapist or something.
    No....he turned out to be DEAD!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Does there seem to be a strain/awkwardness when everyone is in a group? Especially when it comes to Denise & Claudia Joy? Roxy, Joan & Roland all seem pretty normal together, but put Denise or Claudia Joy in the mix, and it seems to get strange. I dunno... maybe it's just me.
    ~Supernatural Addict~

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by TV_Junkie View Post
    Does there seem to be a strain/awkwardness when everyone is in a group? Especially when it comes to Denise & Claudia Joy? Roxy, Joan & Roland all seem pretty normal together, but put Denise or Claudia Joy in the mix, and it seems to get strange. I dunno... maybe it's just me.
    In the real military, it's all about 'rank.' If someone is the wife of the post's Commanding General (i.e. Claudia Joy) there is pretty much always going to be a bit of underlying tension when she's around. Same goes for Jackie whose husband is the 2nd highest ranking General on the post, and who was vying for becoming the highest. As a Colonel's wife, Denise doesn't rank quite as high, but she's still pretty much up there. Of course there are always exceptions, but for most everyone on post, it pretty much is that way. I can remember years ago when my husband was a Captain in the army, to me, even the Majors and their wives seemed to be in another stratosphere!

Also, officers and their families aren't supposed to fraternize with the enlisted folks and their families either. So, originally in Army Wives, just the concept of Roxie, for example, (being the wife of an enlisted man) being best buds with Claudia Joy and Denise, was pretty unrealistic. Now that Trevor has become an officer, it would be okay. That was, by the way, the whole problem with Gabrielle and the doctor she fell in love with. She had to actually leave the army because as a non-officer she was not allowed to fraternize with a doctor (who would be an officer.) By the way, just for the record, I thought Gabrielle was an RN, (she always referred to herself as a "nurse"), and I thought that RNs enter the army as officers (First Lieutenants) --- but in Gabrielle's case, for whatever reason, I guess she didn't.

I'm not sure what to make of Pam coming back for a visit on the show. Are Roxie and Trevor actually going to move to CA? It's like the show is still all disconnected. Jackie runs hot and cold. I can't figure her out. What will they do with her daughter? It looks like she may be quite the wild child at that boarding school. She knows her way around a bar for a 16 year-old.

Was it just me or did anyone else feel as though they watched two different 30 minute episodes of Army Wives last night? I have it taped and plan on watching again later. I know it moved forward in time but still, the whole show seemed off to me. This season, the episodes don't flow together from week to week and I feel like I'm being bounced all over the place. The emphasis keeps being placed on the new characters with the old cast moving more into the background. I'm not sure if I like that. Oh well, just my thoughts.
    Debb70 likes this.

Yes, there is something up. The way they just left Claudia Joy out with some lame explanation was just odd. I really wonder if something is wrong with her like substance abuse that makes her unreliable or a health crisis that makes her unable to fully commit to the show. There is no logical reason to be splicing the show like this. It's crazy. All the fans that I have heard are saying the same thing. The show needs to make some firm decisions, announce them and move on or end the show.

Any idea what they will do with Hector's baby? My first thought is that the lesbian couple will take it, but HEctor seems like the kind of man who would want to raise his own child. I'm jumping the gun, but I think that Penny who was standing at the door asking for Hector is going to announce that it's his baby, right?

Roxie's mom reminded me of Roxie quite a bit. I'm glad she put Roxie in her place, although, I think I would be frustrated too if my husband had the chance to take a non-combat job with more money and benefits and refused. Those soldiers suffer PTSD in great numbers and that is not easy to deal with. She could be dealing with that, plus her twins, other kids and working to support the family if Trevor gets it. Plus, the risks of losing a limb, sight, etc. I honestly don't think I could stay in that situation. I would not make a good Army wife. lol

I agree. Each episodes has too many story lines that jump all over the place. They keep introducing more story lines and new characters and leave them all hanging. Too busy. I keep watching because I love how the show used to be and hope that they will get back on track.

I wondered the same thing about Hector's baby, but his character is such a macho type, I doubt that he would agree to it. I hope that Roland doesn't decide to be the donor, that would be too complicated.

I did a double take when Roxie and her mom were in the kitchen. I kept thinking that it was really Roxie and that they had aged her with make-up. It was uncanny how much they looked and talked alike.

Yeah, the similarity in Roxie and her mom was uncanny.

Perhaps they will discover that Penny's baby is not fathered by Hector and Penny will want to place the child for adoption. Then the lesbian couple can adopt that child. Sorry, I'm getting ahead of the storyline.

I think it's going to a challenge to watch Roxie running her household, running the bar, spending time with her Army wife friends and caring for twins. She can't afford a nanny either, right?

FORT Fogey

It's like the interns are writing the show! I too am still watching because I loved the original concept & cast. I just wish they'd decide what they want to do and stick with it.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

I think I'd much rather have the faster pace of the multiple storylines than the slow-as-molasses pace of most soap operas. But even so, I agree that it WAS weird to have the writers fast-forward 5 months, right in the middle of an episode. Still and all, I love the show, and hope that we've still got several new seasons of Army Wives coming up in the coming years!

+ Reply to Thread