+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 41 FirstFirst ... 242526272829303132333435363738394041 LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Army Wives - Season 3

FORT Fanatic

Re: Army Wives - Season 3

I sense alot of cliff hangers since there are only 2 episodes left this (winter/spring) season.

I also want to comment on the storylines which are really growing on me --- (and we have to have storylines, folks, otherwise, what would we watch each week?)
    I know, but I want to be caught up on the Gabrielle/Doc story too. That would also involve Denise, and it looks like her character should expand and deepen if they are going to run with a PTSD story line.
    Also like the Ruiz couple a lot, and she's a pistol!!! A breath of fresh air!
    I love Gloria ... now that Roxy must be aware of image, Gloria is perfect as the new improved pistol. Now that the Orphan investigation has been concluded, I wonder if somehow Hector will be included in some backlash due to his "messed up" comments. Hmmmmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Good points Imperct1. I think I need to suspend reality when I watch this show. There are so many issues that they need to get technical advice on before they write it in a script. It's simple things that could be addressed correctly, if they would just take 10 minutes to check on it. I'm referring to the dad who showed up and just demanded a DNA test, after the adoption was final. It's not that simple and CJ's opinion, after no experience in Family Law was incorrect. I'm sick of it. Too much false information. I'm looking forward to the end of this season. Maybe next season will get better. LOL
    I know what you mean. In another show (Scandal) it drove me crazy that a Marine called himself a soldier and a hero... that would never happen ... and that they said he WON the Congressional Medal of Honor ... which is never "won" only earned and received. It didn't seem to bother others as much as I was bothered.

And during the Army Wives episode, my impression was since David's father showed up with a "court order" that he had addressed any legal wrangle in advance and the DNA test was legally authorized. Having had no personal experience with this type of thing ... it just rolled by me.

... So... it may just be personal experience and knowledge that give some of us pause and others not so much.
    Last edited by echo226; 05-09-2012 at 03:29 PM.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

The actress who plays Gloria is a really beautiful woman! "And I say that from a, purely, heterosexual standpoint!"....a line from a Seinfeld episode.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

So ... does Claudia Joy Die?
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    So ... does Claudia Joy Die?
    I hope not, she is one of my favorite characters on the show.

They already lost one of the core characters (Pamela) at the beginning of the season, hopefully they don't see the need to get rid of another core character so soon . Hard to tell from that preview what is going to happen.

I'm a little confused. Did this season's finale air yet? I thought there was more to wrap up. Maybe I missed it. When will come back on?

I found the answer! The new episodes return on June 24! And guess who will be making a guest appearance?

Army Wives Blog - myLifetime.com
    Last edited by Debb70; 06-08-2012 at 04:12 PM.

Sorry about the link I provided directly above. I didn't realize it was a blog and may not be permitted. It will not allow me to change edit now. If mods delete it, you can locate by google of the army wives new episodes on Lifetime.

FORT Fogey

So Claudia Joy isn't dead, whew. She and Denise outsmarted a violent criminal using her diabetes as a ploy. I wish David's dad wasn't such a sneaky dude. Makes it so easy to dislike him. Looks like Joan was right all along. Hector is such an unsecure character, he's really annoying. I like his wife, though. However, since he cheated, she might leave him. That would mean she'd be off the show, because she wouldn't be an army wife anymore.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by SpringMaiden27 View Post
    So Claudia Joy isn't dead, whew. She and Denise outsmarted a violent criminal using her diabetes as a ploy. I wish David's dad wasn't such a sneaky dude. Makes it so easy to dislike him. Looks like Joan was right all along. Hector is such an unsecure character, he's really annoying. I like his wife, though. However, since he cheated, she might leave him. That would mean she'd be off the show, because she wouldn't be an army wife anymore.
    Great episode. Love that both Claudia Joy and Denise made it through their surgeries hale and hearty. (So well, in fact, that we have to suspend reality a bit to believe that after just two or three weeks post-op, they were both well and strong --- strong enough to fend off a young, muscular crazed attacker.) I think the thing that scared me the most about that whole beach house episode was that in theory, renting a beach house seemed so idyllic and benevolent, when, in fact, we have to be on our guard at all times nowadays, because sadly, there is potential danger at any given time or place.

Interesting that Jackie has become just 'one of the girls' now. . . I'm enjoying her character so much more now that she's loosened up quite a bit, and they're downplaying the rivalry between the women and their husbands. And I especially enjoyed the interaction between Gloria and Jackie. It was kind of unexpected, but it was okay with me. And, I'm sorry about Hector having 'acted out' by sleeping with a girl at the bar ---- and although I despise what he did, I can sympathize that he just doesn't want his gorgeous, sexy wife working at a bar at night, where she will undoubtedly be flirted with --- and might even be legitimately in danger from time to time. And Gloria not only doesn't see the danger, she's obstinate enough to do what she wants anyway. Tough situation.
    Debb70 likes this.

I guess I read too much news, especially about crime. If I were walking on a secluded beach with a girlfriend and a strange man approached, I would immediately create a story that our husbands were in the house watching us from the sun room. I have stayed at houses much like the one they stayed at on the NC and SC coasts and you have to be very careful. I guess I'm too security minded. I still have fun though. lol

I wonder if that guy is going to turn out to be a serial rapist or something.

Can someone tell me if David has his own phone or was that phone one his bio dad gave him. Does David's dad know he is HIV positive? David knows he must take his daily meds right?

With all that has happend with Claudia Joy's husband, wouldn't you think that Jackie wouldn't go somewhere and drink then drive home. Do you think she is back on the pills?

+ Reply to Thread