+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 41 FirstFirst ... 23242526272829303132333435363738394041 LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Army Wives - Season 3

Re: Army Wives - Season 3

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    I knew Dennis Franz personally. Nice guy.
    OMG! That's great! He was great on that show. Actually, he made the show. Jimmy Schmitz was great on there too. I'm a real celebrity hound so I love stuff like that. LOL

OMG. I just thought of something. Sharon Lawrence played Dennis' wife on that show. Sharon is from Raleigh, NC. I ran into her at a high school reunion a few years ago in downtown Raleigh. She was busy with her friends, so I didn't approach. Imagine that. What a coincidence! LOL

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Just for fun.....ask random people you know if they know who Kim Delaney is.
    Debb70 likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Just for fun.....ask random people you know if they know who Kim Delaney is.
    Okay. I'll try it for 24 hours. LOL

You know, I used to get her and the other Delaney from Body of Proof mixed up all the time. I think she is Dana and she spells her name differently.

Dana, I've always been aware of who she is...from China Beach, I think? I am of the school "Who Cares?" on celebrities, for the most part. Some of them, you can't help but knowing who they are.

Now....ask me who The Doodlebops are and I can bend your ear!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I would not have known who Kim Delaney was before Army Wives. But if you had asked me if I remembered Jenny from AMC, I would have said yeah and I loved her.
    Debb70 likes this.

Exactly! If you have to browbeat a memory into people, they have NO idea!

She's back! Kim Delaney, that is.

I notice that nobody has posted regarding the show or CJ's return. Has everyone given up?

I am sometimes bothered when new twists/story lines are added and others are left in limbo.
    Specifically, we now have David's father in the picture, CJ's back on base, Frank's flipping out, (I don't blame him, but let's see what happens with a PTSD storyline) but no sign of Gabrielle and the Doc.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

I'm so glad Claudia Joy is back, as I really do like her in this show! Agree that some story lines never develope, so why bring them up. I guess they just need fillers.
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Me too, so happy that Claudia Joy is back, and there's more screen time for her (and Michael). I had to wonder though, wasn't it ironic that CJ's storyline this week involved her taking care of a woman with out-of-control drinking and drugging problems ---- IF that truly is what Kim Delaney is going through in her own personal life at the present --- what must she (Kim, the actress) have been thinking/feeling, having to stand in the shoes of CJ in dealing with someone with an addiction problem possibly very similar to her own.

I also want to comment on the storylines which are really growing on me --- (and we have to have storylines, folks, otherwise, what would we watch each week?) I like the Jackie/General Clark storyline --- they're both tough to take, for those of us rooting for Michael and Claudia Joy, but they're seemingly not really bad people at their core. Also like the Ruiz couple a lot, and she's a pistol!!! A breath of fresh air! I really am liking the whole save/or not save the orphans storyline -- mainly because our armed services are in this situation all the time, and it's probably one of the hardest issues to deal with in these war torn countries. Army Wives is really delving into both sides of the controversy, and I'm really appreciating that! And David's father showing up. . . another common problem, sadly. That will be heartbreaking (especially for David) if somehow the courts end up deciding to take David away from Roland and Joan.
    Debb70 likes this.

Good points Imperct1. I think I need to suspend reality when I watch this show. There are so many issues that they need to get technical advice on before they write it in a script. It's simple things that could be addressed correctly, if they would just take 10 minutes to check on it. I'm referring to the dad who showed up and just demanded a DNA test, after the adoption was final. It's not that simple and CJ's opinion, after no experience in Family Law was incorrect. I'm sick of it. Too much false information. I'm looking forward to the end of this season. Maybe next season will get better. LOL

+ Reply to Thread