+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 41 FirstFirst ... 181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Army Wives - Season 3

Re: Army Wives - Season 3

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Renal, maybe?
    Maybe, but I was thinking MS, since with that disease a number systems in your body are effected. Whatever it is, that is really a lot of medical trauma for one person. Recall CJ also had that tumor removed without telling her husband. I really think they could have found somewhere to go without so many medical issues with CJ. I also read that CJ may have this condition in real life. It's just a rumor. Remember how she got confused and seemed out of it when giving a speech at a military banquet last year. IT could explain some things.

It also could be that she has to have a hysterectomy. That would also be irreversible in nature. Maybe that turmor they removed last year returned and they had to take her ovaries.

Darn, I really want to know the answer to this. LOL

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I want to say that I heard that the actress has had a history of substance abuse. That really surprised me. They were saying that she could be "at it" again, thus the lapse in appropriate behavior. Whatever they have written in, it seems like something tragic. MS does seem to be a favorite plot line lately, so you're probably right.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I heard of her issue and also watched the video of that speech she gave at the military event. While she seemed odd the way she hesitated on the speech, I still did not think she seemed drunk. IMO it was more like she got confused with the speech and was not prepared before hand. Plus, she was nervous. We may never know.

FORT Fanatic

Is this the last of Army Wives? The writing is so different this year it seems. I wonder if Kim Delaney has been fired due a relapse and they want to write her out of the show?? I have no idea.
    Debb70 likes this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Interesting....I thought she was a bit slurred and scattered when she "lost her way". She just didn't seem normal.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Well I'm glad people are still interested in the show.

The episode guides say CJ is experiencing medical complications related to her diabetes.

That can be a lot of things, Kidney, heart, etc. ... but I am wondering was she Type 2 to begin with? Because if she has now become Type 1 that too would be irreversible.

I just liked the tribe intact and it seems that they are changing things a bit.

About the officers and the enlisted ... there is definitely class distinction and it exists with Veterans even after leaving active duty.

There are a few higher enlisted NCO ranks that command a lot of respect and are career positions ... but they are still not commissioned officers.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

I think the writers need to have their head examined. Kidney damage usually takes at least 10 years to appear in a diabetic with poor control. Normally, it takes about 15-20 years! Their sorry explanation was just stupid and inaccurate. It's stuff like that which is not helpful to educating the public about Type I Diabetes. Shame on them. Here's a link;
    Kidney Disease of Diabetes - National Kidney and Urologic Diseases Information Clearinghouse

It does look like they are sending Claudia Joy away. Hmmmm.....I can't figure it out. Maybe she really is sick and they had to have a way to get her out of there.

I did like the way they handled the deployment. When they were saying their goodbyes and sitting in that plane, it made my heart break......and I know it's not real. Still, it was so touching. I could feel Roxy's concern. How can you just go home and try to live a normal life, knowing that your husband is off somewhere in a very dangerous situation? That was very touching.

FORT Fanatic

I was on dialysis for 6 weeks 2 years ago (a dr screwed up and I went into kidney failure). I hate to nit-pick about tv shows, but it Claudia Joy was going to have several dialysis appointments, they wouldn't stick her each time. They would insert ports either in her chest (like me) or in her arm. The shunts would heal and there wouldn't be extensive bruising. But I guess the effect of tv is better with the bruising. They did get 1 thing right...dialysis isn't fun; however, it isn't painful either.

Quote Originally Posted by ilovefootball25 View Post
    I was on dialysis for 6 weeks 2 years ago (a dr screwed up and I went into kidney failure). I hate to nit-pick about tv shows, but it Claudia Joy was going to have several dialysis appointments, they wouldn't stick her each time. They would insert ports either in her chest (like me) or in her arm. The shunts would heal and there wouldn't be extensive bruising. But I guess the effect of tv is better with the bruising. They did get 1 thing right...dialysis isn't fun; however, it isn't painful either.
    Thanks for your input. I think that with just a little research, the writers of AW's could do a much better job of portraying people going through these experiences. Too bad they seem to make it up just to suit their purposes.

What has happened to the whole storyline about Frank trying to get his third star? It seems like the entire topic just got dropped. I'm confused.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Thanks for your input. I think that with just a little research, the writers of AW's could do a much better job of portraying people going through these experiences. Too bad they seem to make it up just to suit their purposes.

What has happened to the whole storyline about Frank trying to get his third star? It seems like the entire topic just got dropped. I'm confused.
    I think it is General Michael Holden wanting the 3rd star and sort of up against General Clark for the promotion to Lt. General.

Frank is I believe Colonel Frank Sherwood ... no stars yet. Maybe if Michael and CJ leave, Frank will be promoted to Brigadier General under Clark ?

Who knows? I am not crazy about all these cast changes.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

+ Reply to Thread