+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 41 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Army Wives - Season 3

Re: Army Wives - Season 3

Quote Originally Posted by kellyh View Post
    ILF25 - that may still end up being the case....it just may not have come out yet.
    That's a good point. Maybe it's something else that makes her want to leave. I don't buy the grades excuse. Her mom shouldn't either. She and her husband are educated. They know what it's like to carry a course load and they should know their daughter can do it. I have had issues with their daughter for awhile. She has always struck me as spoiled and quite a diva. I know, I know, she lost her sister and had an injury, but still, she's a handfull.

As far as the storyline of the accident with the jump. I thought they threw that in there to show how he is having problems that do not reflect well on his record. It could be that he does have to make some decisions regarding his career. While the plane's miscalculations were not his fault, he will be held responsible nonetheless.
    Last edited by Debb70; 05-24-2011 at 07:41 PM.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Maybe Emmalin just didn't adjust to being away from home well. A lot of people crash and burn for just that reason.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fanatic

Season finale was tonight and according to the promos the next season doesn't start until WINTER 2012.WTH that's a long time to wait. Anyone know what's the hold up?

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Wow! That was one of the most powerful and moving episodes of Army Wives ever! Had me in tears several times! I loved it, but don't want the 23rd to be disbanded and don't want them all to have to leave Ft. Marshall.

I hate that General Holden's career is suffering a downturn --- especially since none of it was caused by anything that he (personally) did wrong. It will be really interesting to see what happens to him next. Wonder if he'll leave the service. He and Claudia Joy are very lucky to have such a wonderful relationship with each other.

Love what's happening with Roxi and Trevor. Their relationship is stronger than ever and Officer's Candidate School will be good for them both, I think.

Denise and Frank have a wonderful relationship now and have great things to look forward to. Pamela and Chase and Joan and Roland too. All good.

I was so afraid this was the 'series' finale --- and I'm so relieved it's only the 'season' finale --- but I'm curious about the "Winter 2012" announcement. Isn't "Winter 2012" SOONER than "Summer 2012"?
    I mean, to me, Winter 2012 means January or February 2012 --- which is earlier than Summer 2012... right?

Yes the winter of 2012 should occur before the summer and I wonder what about it is going to blow our minds!!!!! Did you see that written on the screen when the finale ended? My mind is racing to see what is going to happen. Is everything moving to CA or Italy? Will the characters live in different cities? I'm so curious. If anyone hears any rumors, please PM me. From what I hear, the board's ability to post spoilers isn't working yet. Until then just PM me.

I loved the finale. I cried several times. There was only thing I didn't like. I wanted Jeremy's fiance to be pregnant so a part of Jeremy would have continued. Oh well. I liked everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Yes the winter of 2012 should occur before the summer and I wonder what about it is going to blow our minds!!!!! Did you see that written on the screen when the finale ended? My mind is racing to see what is going to happen. Is everything moving to CA or Italy? Will the characters live in different cities? I'm so curious. If anyone hears any rumors, please PM me. From what I hear, the board's ability to post spoilers isn't working yet. Until then just PM me.

I loved the finale. I cried several times. There was only thing I didn't like. I wanted Jeremy's fiance to be pregnant so a part of Jeremy would have continued. Oh well. I liked everything else.
    Maybe Jeremy's girlfriend is pregnant and it was to early for her to find out. That would certainly tie her into the family.

FORT Fanatic

Ok, I'm a dork...I was thinking Fall 2012...not Winter 2012. So, it'll be back in 5-6 months...not 12 months!!! Yeah!!! That's good news.

Prediction....Joan mentioned that it would take 6 months for the base to be disbanned. I think something will save it at the last second...and everyone will stay put (although maybe in different roles....Colonel Burton will be promoted and General Holden will be demoted ??).

Now that's an idea. I was thinking they would not save the base because that happened before. Remember they had a scare that it was being considered, but then they kept it open. I would find it odd for them to do that again. But, I wouldn't mind. I'd like to keep them together, but they could still be together somewhere else. Maybe a couple will live in CA and a few in Italy. Maybe they are just tired of coming up with storylines related to the same base. Perhaps a new location will make it more fresh.

To try and clear up the Winter 2012 confusion, it's hard to say when they mean it will start but technically Winter 2012 begins December 21, 2012. Winter 2011 officially starts December 22, 2011 and while it does extend into early 2012, Winter technically starts at the end of a year, not the beginning. So if they truly mean winter 2012, then we're looking at next December. I hope that's not the case and maybe it will be made clearer sooner rather than later.

While I love this show, I would be ok with next season being the last, with time for them to close the post and everyone go their separate ways. It's not realistic in the military, in my own personal experience anyway, for a group like this to be at the same post for so many years together. Even if they do belong to the same division, people get promoted, go to schools, get out, etc. At some point the show needs to end on a high note and I think having the base close and everyone move on would be a great way to do it.
    Debb70 likes this.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

Thanks for the explanation on the Winter issue. Let's keep our eyes open for a specific date.

I wonder if they are filming the finale of this show, before they know if they are being renewed. They have had two finales that could have been the series finale IMO.

I'm not a military person, but I had a friend who was in the Army (attorney, but they are true soldiers too. They do PT everyday, camp in tents, etc.) and she told me that you had to continue to get promoted or you would be let go. Is that true?

+ Reply to Thread