+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 41 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Army Wives - Season 3

Re: Army Wives - Season 3

Yes the wedding was nice, but I think they could have come up with a better dress for the bride. I mean really? She could have ran into any shop and picked something more special than that dress. I know, I know, it was made by her friends hands, but IMO it was not a good idea. When she stepped out, I was disappointed in the dress.

Maybe I have expensive taste, but when I watch Say Yes to The Dress sometimes I see these brides selecting these plain, ordinary, nothing special dresses for their wedding and I just don't get it. WHy wouldn't you want to really make an entrance and look elegant and breath taking? Some of their choices are a snooze fest. What's up? Is it a lack of self-esteem?

FORT Fanatic

I liked most of tonight's episode. The part that really bothered me was Claudia Joy not telling anyone except Grant about her surgery. She sounds like such a martyr....anyone else in that situation would have told their spouse and/or their child and/or a close friend. Just a little hard to believe.

Quote Originally Posted by ilovefootball25 View Post
    I liked most of tonight's episode. The part that really bothered me was Claudia Joy not telling anyone except Grant about her surgery. She sounds like such a martyr....anyone else in that situation would have told their spouse and/or their child and/or a close friend. Just a little hard to believe.
    Yeah, that was really odd. I guess she doesn't want them worrying about her. She sure did bounce back fast. Man, she was back to work in a heartbeat. How will she explain the scar to her husband?

What did you think of that kiss with her boss?

In a way I think Pam was right about Roxy and Finn's dad, but still, she really has the nerve to go behind Roxy's back and tell him to breach a contract with her on a business deal. I would have been furious. It seems to me that Pam should focus on her won marriage.

Sorry, but I can't recall the female soldier's name, but I recall when her baby was little, she had the chance to stay home with her, but refused and went to Iraq by choice. So how is that now she feels so compelled to have an infant. I don't get it. I really like her husband, but have never cared for her character.

FORT Fanatic

I hate to say it, but this Season just isn't doing it for me. Things are wrapped up too quickly and too nicely. Story lines are coming from left field that don't make sense with the rest of the seasons. I hope they can get back on track...and soon.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Yeah, that was really odd. I guess she doesn't want them worrying about her. She sure did bounce back fast. Man, she was back to work in a heartbeat. How will she explain the scar to her husband?

What did you think of that kiss with her boss?

In a way I think Pam was right about Roxy and Finn's dad, but still, she really has the nerve to go behind Roxy's back and tell him to breach a contract with her on a business deal. I would have been furious. It seems to me that Pam should focus on her won marriage.

Sorry, but I can't recall the female soldier's name, but I recall when her baby was little, she had the chance to stay home with her, but refused and went to Iraq by choice. So how is that now she feels so compelled to have an infant. I don't get it. I really like her husband, but have never cared for her character.
    Joan Burton and I totally agree with you. She's a Type A personality and when someone tells her she can't do something, she wants it all the more.

FORT Fanatic

So glad that Claudia Joy told Michael about her surgery and about Chandler. LOVED Michael's reaction about Chandler and his response...."next time you won't see me coming". Awesome!!!

Roxy and Treavor need some help....bad...like some serious counseling.

So sweet how Denise greeted the soldiers coming home and their reaction to her and the pictures they gave her.

Not much w/Pamela in this episode...good to see her and Roxy make up though.

No Chase

FORT Fanatic

It tore at my heart that Joan and Roland couldn't be Bobby's foster parent, but I totally get the reasoning. Based on their reaction at the end, I wouldn't be surprised if they fostered/adopted another child.

Loved seeing Denise greet the troops coming home and how grateful they were. She finally understands that Jeremy is missed by a lot of people and that he had wonderful friends. (or as one of them said: brother)

I remember in the earlier seasons that Claudia Joy used to greet the men who had no one coming to meet them. It's nice to see that it continues through this season.

I like Joan & Roland and think adopting an older child is an interesting way to go.

Claudia Joy. Not sure what to make of her this season. She at least used to talk to the other women about her life. Her keeping silent about surgery is very strange, as no one close to her (including Michael) knew where she even was.

Roxie....Roxie...Roxie. What to do. She's made some very impulsive and bad decisions this season and it may cost her Trevor. When they showed the upcoming scene where he says that he hasn't been happy in a long time...I have to wonder how she will react to that. She keeps saying that she is doing all this truck stop work 'for the boys'...but forgets that them having a Dad is much more important.

Between her problems with Trevor and now probably her business partner...she certainly has her hands full.

Not much of Pamela in this episode...and every time I do see her I think back to the season where she had the radio show....and what fun it was. This police stuff....not so much.

I did read where it has been picked up for another season...so there will be lots more drama to come.

The best line of the night goes to Michael. "You won't see me coming". Yikes!

I recall watching the show when it first came on. Roxie was pregnant and in a bathroom at some Army social when she went into labor. Right? It's been a long time ago. I think I'm on the right program. Anyway, was that with her older or younger son? Does the older son know who his biological father is? He has righ to know and to know the man if he's available. THe child's right to that should be more important than anyone's hurt feelings or jealousy.

Trevor seems to be so immature IMO. I can see how Roxie must struggle with him. She's not perfect, but he tends to annoy me lately.

I wonder if the nurse will volunteer for her son to go live with Roland or she will die or something will happen so they get that child. I hope they do explore another older child if they can't get him. Of course, I still don't know if they would qualify since Joan could be deployed.

Will Claudia Joy got back to work for the law firm? I see things differently and don't see the need to have told her husband. Now he's going to worry more, especially if he's deployed, and always be suspicious of her, even though he says he trusts her. I just don't see why she had to do it.

It was Pamela in Season 1 who was a surrogate and went into labor at Claudia Joy's but gave birth on the pool table at the Hump Bar. That's really when the 'tribe' formed. (Claudia Joy,Denise,Pamela,Roxie & Roland)

Roxie did suffer a miscarriage this season.

I disagree about Claudia Joy telling Michael about Grant.

For me it doesn't matter if my husband is in the Military or is a Civilian, I don't keep secrets from him. I guess she feels the same way. I don't see Michael worrying about it much, as he trusts Claudia Joy and made his feelings pretty clear.

Finn is Roxie's younger son and Whit is his biological father. I don't think either child really knows their biological Dad. Trevor adopted both boys. He actually had to pay TJ's Dad off.

I also disagree about Trevor and his maturity. He has a very stressful job and handled the death of Jeremy, who was under his command in a very mature way.

He tried and tried to get Roxie to just slow down with the truck stop loan and to wait till he came home to discuss it. He didn't say no, he just said wait.

It must be very frustrating to have your spouse practically ignore your wishes and go ahead with some very expensive ideas. Of course then finding out that your spouse lied about Whit can't be fun to deal with. They already had a fight about him staying the night, so why would she think him living and working there would be OK?

Again for me, I don't keep secrets from my husband, nor do I lie to him.

It looks like there will be some interesting times ahead.

+ Reply to Thread