+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 41 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Army Wives - Season 3

Re: Army Wives - Season 3

I wonder if the fiance' will stick around for a while or if they will just brush her off and away....I am very sad to see the character of Jeremy go...but it sounds like Denise goes off the deep end. I would have rather it have been Frank who goes off the deep end. I think it is too obvious for Denise to "lose it" due to her son's death.

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    [B]

This mission was supposed to be the Afghan Troops they had trained taking the lead in an effort to cut off some supply routes. Our troops were to be in a support role only. The readiness of the Afghan's was questioned before they started.

Once in the field, they were engaged with the enemy and there was a lot of incoming fire. Trevor told them (paraphrasing) "we have to flank them or they will flank us" and Jeremy was the first to follow Trevor's /instruction order.

There was a lot of incoming fire, and one of the Afghan troops was told to go and he cowered and refused to go forward. So Jeremy started up and somebody yelled "RPG" which I'm reasonably certain stands for Rocket Propelled Grenade . It looked like it hit very close to him.

I love this show too and while I am certain there are a few things that slip by, I am impressed by their efforts to fill in the details correctly while presenting us with a story.

I am curious as to what's next.

We know Trevor feels somehow responsible for this casualty and Roxy feels she and her family are being short-changed here.

I am wondering if Tanya is going to end up being pregnant. Perhaps not since she has that Med School ambition as a graceful exit.

Are there any stories or rumors out there as to why Jeremy's character was written out ?

I just found out on another site that Richard Bryant (Jeremy) did not want to leave the show. The writers wanted to make it real because "that's what happens in real army life." The cast knew what was going to happen. He goes by the name "Bubba," and is actually from Charleston. He's 26 and this is his first role, other than college and local work. I think he did an incredible job on the show, especially on the first seasons when he was a character we didn't like much. In the book his character (as the abusive son) commits suicide. This was supposed to be the way it was in the show at first, but the producers said everyone liked him too much! I hope he gets more work.

Terry Serpico (Frank) is the only cast member with military experience. His dad was an Army officer.

I'm surprised they took it the way they did too. Another one of the wives loses a child. If they wanted to portray the way it really is, they could have brought in another family for a few months to do that story line. JMO of course!

IDK what they'll do with Tanya. I wouldn't be surprised if she sticks around for a while. She told them she hated the Army and she didn't know if she could go to school. But the Army is paying for her undergraduate courses too, and she could go to school in Charleston for that, stay with Denise, and help with the baby. Maybe she's pregnant, but I don't think so. I can see her story line being one of trusting the Army, which right now she doesn't because she has lost everything.

I think they played with us too. How they zeroed in on Claudia Joy and showed Emmalin breaking down, but then gave the flag to Denise. At the beginning for a minute I thought it was Trevor. I thought they might be hiding Finn from the camera's view in the previews we saw.

I cried for the entire first half of the show.
    Stay tuned for "Dancing with the Dancers"!

What did you think of tonight's show?

Quote Originally Posted by Beachmom View Post
    What did you think of tonight's show?
    I have recorded to watch it all later, but I did see some parts.

I really didn't like what Pam has done. I have never liked her husband. I guess they are now divorced, but didn't he totally turn off his family and refused to be real husband and father? Isn't that why she left him? How does she know he has really changed? To jump back in and make a big announcment to the kids? I don't know. It seems poor judgment IMO.

If a mother of a young baby disappears after losing another child. I would call LE and issue an alert. She could really be suffering from depression. And how dare Claudia Joy say that her friend would never hurt her baby. People who are going through severe depression CAN hurt their babies. We see it in the news all the time! Don't sweep in under the rug. If she's really depressed, they need to get the baby from her just in case or at least WATCH her carefully. Dont' just assume she's okay.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Soooo sad when the foot locker was delivered and opened.

Soooo sad when Roland broke down. I could understand why Roland didn't jump up to help Dee. He just didn't have anything to give at that time. He was dealing with Jeremy's loss, too.

Hated it when Frank asked Dee if it was alright if he went back to Afghanistan....what else was she going to say? One thing I have learned is that if there is a difficult time going on, you don't ASK to help people....you just DO. They, usually, will always SAY, "No,", if you put the question to them. They respond better if they aren't having to make a decision at that time. They accept help more readily. Dee can't pretend (and neither can Frank) that she didn't just lose a son. I could see that she was feeling very alone, not wanting to impose on anyone.
    Last edited by prhoshay; 04-04-2011 at 12:04 PM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Soooo sad when the foot locker was delivered and opened.

Soooo sad when Roland broke down. I could understand why Roland didn't jump up to help Dee. He just didn't have anything to give at that time. He was dealing with Jeremy's loss, too.

Hated it when Frank asked Dee if it was alright if he went back to Afghanistan....what else was she going to say? One thing I have learned is that if there is a difficult time going on, you don't ASK to help people....you just DO. They, usually, will always SAY, "No,", if you put the question to them. They respond better if they aren't having to make a decision at that time. They accept help more readily. Dee can't pretend (and neither can Frank) that she didn't just lose a son. I could see that she was feeling very alone, not wanting to impose on anyone.
    I can see Frank handling his grief this way, and I wouldn't be surprised if the show follows that. My mother was in Denise's position. My brother wasn't killed oveseas, but he was in his twenties. My mother handled it exactly the way you described. She didn't want to make any choices, she wanted to be left alone, and she didn't want to ask for help because she thought she was imposing. Frank must be torn. He wants to stay for Denise, but he wants to get back to his men. It should be interesting to see the writers address this.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I have recorded to watch it all later, but I did see some parts.

I really didn't like what Pam has done. I have never liked her husband. I guess they are now divorced, but didn't he totally turn off his family and refused to be real husband and father? Isn't that why she left him? How does she know he has really changed? To jump back in and make a big announcment to the kids? I don't know. It seems poor judgment IM
    I've been watching since the beginning. Pamela's problem with Chase was that he always put Delta first. But as an Army "brat," and later an Army wife, that old familiar saying is somewhat true: "If the Army wanted you to have a wife, they would have issued you one"! I know that's not the way it is today, but you still have to put the mission first. I think Pamela always loved Chase, but she was tired of living the way she did. In the first seasons, we saw Chase growing his beard and practicing the language, etc. He was definitely an undercover guy. That's why Pamela couldn't know where he was. In the first episode of the season, after bringing his kids back to Pamela's apartment, he told her he was resigning from Delta, and no matter what she wanted to do, he wanted to be around his children more. Since Delta was the stumbling block in their marriage, and it would no longer exist, Pamela was free to go back to him. I like the chemistry between the two characters, and I'm happy it's working out! Well, so far at least - they can always throw us a curve ball!

I've been watching since the beginning. Pamela's problem with Chase was that he always put Delta first. But as an Army "brat," and later an Army wife, that old familiar saying is somewhat true: "If the Army wanted you to have a wife, they would have issued you one"! I know that's not the way it is today, but you still have to put the mission first. I think Pamela always loved Chase, but she was tired of living the way she did. In the first seasons, we saw Chase growing his beard and practicing the language, etc. He was definitely an undercover guy. That's why Pamela couldn't know where he was. In the first episode of the season, after bringing his kids back to Pamela's apartment, he told her he was resigning from Delta, and no matter what she wanted to do, he wanted to be around his children more. Since Delta was the stumbling block in their marriage, and it would no longer exist, Pamela was free to go back to him. I like the chemistry between the two characters, and I'm happy it's working out! Well, so far at least - they can always throw us a curve ball!
    Thanks for the headsup. I guess you have to consider all factors. I guess I just keep remembering when she made plans for the family and he chose to go and spend time with Army pals for something that would help his career. Then soon after she leaves, he has lots of time to go boating with his new female friend and invite the kids to come too.

I don't think I would do well in an Army family. I just couldn't take it.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I don't think I would do well in an Army family. I just couldn't take it.
    LOL!! You'd adjust. There are so many benefits. I never wanted to marry anyone in the military because of the constant relocating. These days you have that with a lot of companies, and really, my husband was in a specialized field and didn't move around that much. One major benefit is a lot of service members go in right after high school and college. They can do their 20 years, go on to another job at the age of 38-41, and have their miltary retirement check coming in every month. I'm sure the characters of Michael and Frank could retire any time they wished.

LOL!! You'd adjust. There are so many benefits. I never wanted to marry anyone in the military because of the constant relocating. These days you have that with a lot of companies, and really, my husband was in a specialized field and didn't move around that much. One major benefit is a lot of service members go in right after high school and college. They can do their 20 years, go on to another job at the age of 38-41, and have their miltary retirement check coming in every month. I'm sure the characters of Michael and Frank could retire any time they wished.
    Yes, I have a friend whose husband retired from the Marines. He started his own company and did VERY well. They are both younger than me!

+ Reply to Thread